Chapter 54

3rd.

"Pack your bags because we are going on vacation!"  Lay announced as he entered the living room with a bag over his shoulder. Everyone stopped conversing with each other to look at him. 

"Now? I don't think it's the right time." Xiumin sighed, shaking his head and leaning farther back into the couch. 

"That is where you're wrong, right now is the perfect time!" Lay said moving his arms wildly to make a point. "What is a vacation?" he asked and receiving no answer, he continued. "It's a break, some time off from stress, and from the looks of the new wrinkles on your faces I think we need one." he ended and looked at everyone hopefully. Everyone stayed silent for a couple of minutes until Suho sighed. 

"It matters where we're going." he stated which made a cheeky grin appear on Lay's face. 

"Home." he answered and dumped the bag's contents on to the table revealing beautiful stones that resembled white opal, they were the size of an egg and were all different in some way but still the same. 

~

The members sat stunned but slowly came back to their senses and grabbed a stone from the table seeming to go for specific ones. 

"No way..." D.O said breathlessly as he peered at the stone.

"Are we really?" Kai asked. 

"Yep, I even took it upon myself to find each of your home stones! Some were easy to find while others were collecting dust in all types of places." Lay said as he pulled out a stone of his own from his pocket and held it up to the light. "Haven't seen mine in ages."

"Well, they were collecting dust for good reason. Most of us didn't think we were ever going back there." Tao stated while gently rubbing his thumb across the smooth surface of his home stone. 

Jinhee suddenly cleared her throat. "Excuse me, but home stone? What is that?" she asked.

"It's a stone, different for every planet, that will take you back to your home planet whenever you use it. It's usually only given to those who were leaving the planet which was uncommon back then but since so many people have left everyone has them. There's no short supply of home stones for any planet so that's fine, but it has some requirements to be used so not just anyone can get on the planet so easily." Suho explained. 

"And the requirements are?" Jinhee asked.

"Well, obviously, only people who are from said planet will get a home stone but a person could steal it. Just in case that happens, only people who are from where the home stone is derived from can use it and it can only transport the user, no free rides." Suho answered. 

"Okay...so how will I come with you?" she asked. "Unless I'm not then that's fine-" Lay cuts her off. 

"Oh, we've got that covered. Kai can teleport you." he said. 

"You can?" Jinhee questions skeptically. 

"I guess...it really drains me of energy teleporting that far away which is why I usually use the stone but I can do it." Kai shrugged. 

"And don't worry, I'll be on standby to heal him right back up." Lay nods which makes Kai sigh in a relieved manner. 

"Where do you end up after using the stone?" Jinhee asked. 

"There's a place that you end up after using your home stone, kind of like airports. They're huge and if you want to stay with like your family or something you just hold hands and use each of your own stones. It's called 'Home Base' and is also where you can travel to other planets. Some planets, if there is a good relationship between each other, they'll send 'transporting' stones that can take up to twenty people five different times before they need to be charged. If there are no transporting stones to your destination then you're on your own." Kris said. 

"Luckily for us, we can get back to Earth easily." Baekhyun smiled. 

"How? Wait, does Earth have home stones too?" Jinhee asked.

"Not technically. Your planet isn't very...let's just say advanced compared to others. They don't even really know anything about other living beings rather than themselves and other planets don't really care to try to communicate with Earth since there is really no benefit of doing so. It's kind of a very unpopular vacation spot for people like us, not many people go here but the people that do tend to stay." Chanyeol explained. 

"So, most people take a long journey to get here which is what we did at first but when we arrived we got some help from humans that knew of us and made an artificial home stone. It's overall reliable, but doesn't always take you to the right spot." Sehun shrugged. "Here's mine." he said and dug in his shorts pocket until he pulled out a stone that was about half of the size of their own stones and resembled rain forest rhyolite. 

"Impressive." Jinhee nodded her head. "So, when are we leaving?" 

"Right when everyone is done packing." Lay said.

"Well, alright then. Everyone get to it!" Suho announced and everyone dispersed to their own rooms. 

~

"Alright, everyone ready?" Suho asked and was answered with a chorus of "yeah."

Their bags on their shoulders, they each held hands while their other held the stone. 

"See you guys there!" Jinhee called out. Luhan turned around and patted her head affectionately, which made her giggle, and they all disappeared with a flash.

"Shall we go?" Kai asked and held out his arm. Jinhee smiled up at him and nodded, she couldn't wait. "I'd hold on." and they were off.

~~~fin~~~

I Jhope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment, keep reading, and maybe give me a follow if ya haven't already! The story is going to progress more into the plot than before so hopefully this story can actually get somewhere ha ha. 

Exo's home stone looks like a white opal. Earth's looks like rain-forest rhyolite which y'all can look up!

Boss for NCT U looks really good but they need to release it already jeez. Anyway, thanks for reading and bye!