14 - Joe

Joe

// Apocalypse AU //

You panted as you collapsed on the floor of the broken down shack. Joe rushed down the creaky old stairs, almost falling a couple times. You looked at him with dull, tired eyes and dry blood spattering your face. His eyes were filled with panic and worry.

"Don't worry, it's not my blood," You heaved out between pants. You shakily stood up and leaned against wall from support."A hoard attacked me. I killed some. I had to outrun the rest." You explained to the brunet.

"I should've gone with you," Joe said and hit his forehead with the palm of his hand."I'm sorry." You shrugged and beckoned him to come closer.

Once he was close enough you put your arm over his shoulders. You asked him to help walk you to the kitchen, which he gladly did. You plopped down in one of the wooden chairs with a heavy sigh.

"I don't know how much more I can take of this." You said while rubbing your temples. Joe's eyes widened as he turned away from getting you some water to look at you. Some tears ran down your cheeks now, your shoulders shaking.

Joe pulled the other chair over to sit in front of you. He took a seat and used his hand to tilt your head up to look at him. A small smile was plastered on his lips.

"You can do this, we can do this." He assured you with confidence. You grumbled and moved his hand away from your face.

"I've watched so many people die, Joseph. My mind is crumbling with every waking moment." Your voice cracked a little halfway through talking. There was a slight trace of anger in it, but mostly distress.

Joe eyed you while thinking. He finally sighed and stood up to get your water once more.

"You know," He began to speak loud enough so you could hear him. You didn't look at him, only at the floor. His boots stomped against the wooden floor as he got closer to you. You heard him set the glass on the table and sit down once more. Again his hand guided your chin up to look at him. "I love you."

Your heart jumped. Did you hear that right? Of course you did. You bit your lip and shook your head. More tears clouded your vision as your turned away from him.

"Maybe if we met before all this, I could say the same thing back."

(( A/N: dang son was that sad ? When I planned it out in my mind it sounded more sad them, but now it's like just borderline sad I guess ?? Idk maybe I'll make a part two to this, I'm really into apocalypse AUs rn ))