48 - Joe

You sat at the counter of your small flower shop currently making a small display arrangement. You hummed along to the song that was playing on the radio, smiling to yourself as you put the flowers together nicely. It was quite peaceful and you liked it.

Although, that peace was ruined when the door to your shop flew open and almost smashed into the wall if it weren't for the doorstop. You gasped and looked up, startled by the loud sound of your bell. You saw a brunet man with the cutest baby blue eyes, although they were filled with rage right now.

The angry man slammed some money on the countertop, making me jump. I blinked at him, confused and slightly intimidated.

"How do I subtly say I wanna kill you in flowers?" He growled, the tone of his voice confirming just how angry he was. Your expression lightened a little and you chuckled, setting your current project to the side gently.

"Probably some orange lilies, begonias, snap dragons and peonies!" You exclaimed, hiding your want to laugh at his outburst.

"Can I have those please? In a bouquet or whatever they're called." He snapped. You nodded, pushing off his abrasive behavior. It's honestly not the worst you've experienced.

"$20, sir." You said. The man pushed over the money he had slammed down earlier. You took it and put it in the register, then handed him a receipt.

"What's your name and number sir? I'll call you when the arrangement is ready." You said. His nose scrunched up, making you raise an eyebrow.

"Is there any chance you could have them done soon?" He asked, seeming to calm down a bit. You studied the man a little. He seemed angry, but also hurt. You wondered why, but didn't dare ask as that would be rude.

"U-um, sure. If you don't mind waiting, I can have it done in less than a half an hour." You said, nodding. His blue eyes seem to widen as you said this as he proceeded to thank you.

"My name is Joe by the way." He introduced himself.

"(Y/N), but you might've already guessed that." You said, giggling. I mean, your flower shop was called (Y/N)'s Flowers. Joe chuckled a little too, seemingly fully out of his anger mode.

"I need to get some supplies from the back, I'll be right back." You announced, standing from your chair.

Soon, you came back out to see Joe gazing at some pink snapdragons you had setting out. You smiled and set the flowers you collected for his order on your counter, before walking over to him.

"I love snapdragons, they're so unique." You said, earning a nod from Joe. You smiled before walking back to your seat and beginning the the order Joe so bluntly called the "I wanna kill you" arrangement.

You looked up every so often to see the man just wondering around the store, gazing at the flowers. He seemed so intrigued, it was quite cute honestly.

Finally, Joe made his way back to where you were sitting. He took a seat himself now in a chair you had pressed against the wall near the counter.

"I bet you're wondering why I came in here in such a frenzy, huh?" Joe asked, startling you almost. You looked up at him, then shrugged.

"I do, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want." You smiled, going back to your work.

"I kinda wanted to apologize for how rude I was. I was just kinda mad because I found out... my girlfriend- well my ex now- cheated on me." Joe unloaded his problem, making you slightly confused. Why was he telling you exactly? I mean, he had just met you. You pushed it off thinking maybe he just needed to vent about it and being the kind person you were you'd listen.

"So that's why you want an arrangement that says I wanna kill you?" You chuckled, making Joe blush a little.

"Well, that's kinda harsh isn't it? I was just mad, haha." Joe scratched the back of his neck, a little embarrassed by his rage driven self.

"It's alright, I'd be quite mad too if someone cheated on me. I understand why you'd wanna give her flowers with such meanings." You replied nicely.

"My friends would call me outright crazy." Joe said, making you laugh.

Soon, you finished the arrangement. You looked it over and smiled, standing up with it in your hands.

"All done!" You exclaimed, making Joe look up from his phone. He smirked and stood, striding over to the counter and gently taking the flowers from you.

"Thank you (Y/N)!" Joe said happily, making your cheeks tint pink. He was quite handsome you know noticed.

"No problem, Joe. Good luck, by the way. Stop back soon and tell me how it went." You said with a wink. Joe chuckled and nodded.

"For sure! I'll definitely come back."

With that, you two said your goodbyes and waved to each other before Joe exited the store. You smiled to yourself, sitting back down to continue your earlier project. You chuckled to yourself repeating in your head "how do I subtly say I wanna kill you in flowers". 

(( A/N: aYY I got this idea from a tumblr post riPP me anywAYS ANNOUNCEMENT IM REALLY CLOSE TO 1000 VOTES AND THAT MAKES ME S C R EAM SO MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYs so I've decided I'm gonna do a raffle type thing once I hit 1000 k there will be a post about it explaining more but for now I hope u enjoyed this horribly written/confusing Joe bby imagine sorry I rambled a lot k bye

~PSA~
Orange lily - hate
Begonia - dark thoughts
Snapdragon - you lied to me
Peony - anger ))