25 - Pete

Your friends had dragged you to a damned college dorm party. It made you groan at first suggestion because these parties always ended up the same. Them getting wasted and your being their ride home. You followed them anyway, not wanting them to drive home drunk.

You sat outside right now on a bench that was kinda separated from the party. You sighed and looked at the deep midnight sky. Your eyes searched the stars, staring at the fascinating wonders.

"Hey girl," a sudden voice spoke, making you almost scream. You whipped your head around to see some kid from your history class. Pete, you think his name was."Are you an exoplanet? Because I'm bad at pick up lines and astronomy."

You bit your lip trying not to laugh. Pete laughed though as he sat next to you on the bench.

"You know the party is back there, right?" He asked motioning with his head toward the building. You shrugged.

"Eh, don't care." You said. Pete grinned

"Well, then that makes two of us space friend." You rolled your eyes at the nickname.

"My names-"

"(Y/N)," Pete cut you off by saying your name."You're in my history class." You blushed a little at the fact that he knew your name.

It got kinda quiet then. The air seemed tense and awkward.

"Hey," Pete broke the silence, making you turn towards him."Are you made up of dark matter? Because you're indescribable."

You groaned, but giggled, at the terrible pick up line. Pete smirked and continued.

"Are you the moon? Because even when it's dark, you still seem to shine." You rolled your eyes and blushed a little.

"Fine, if you're going to be like that then," You smirked and cracked your knuckles."Are you the sun? Because you're what lights up my life." You smirked.

Pete's eyes widened. You, who were usually quiet, were challenging him to a pick up line war.

"Oh it's on, doll." Pete licked his lips in anticipation.

"Bring it my dude." You grinned.

"Did you know your smile is like a black hole? Nothing can escape its pull." Pete shot at you, giving you a look that said 'beat that'.

"Are you an astronaut? Because you're out of this world." You said and bit your lip to hold back a giggle.

"Ahh weak! Here, listen to this one," Pete smirked."If a star fell every time I thought of you, the sky would be dark at night." Pete topped this one off with a wink.

You made a 'pfft' noise.

"That was no better than mine!"

"I think we can both agree that all the pick up lines said tonight were horrible." Pete said laughing. You nodded.

"I can't deny that." It fell silent once more, before Pete broke it again.

"Hey, you got a phone?" Pete asked, looking at you. You gave him a confused look while furrowing your eyebrows.

"Uhh, yeah?" You more questioned than said.

"What's the number?" Pete asked with a wink. You groaned and facepalmed, having not see that one coming.

"Alright, alright I'll give you credit for that one." You smiled and pulled out your phone. The two of you exchanged numbers before standing.

"So, see you tomorrow in history?" Pete asked, a glimmer in his beautiful hazel hues. You giggled and nodded.

"As always," You said."But don't be afraid to text me! You're a cool dude."

You swear you saw Pete blush at that comment as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh don't worry, I will."

With that, you two exchanged goodbyes. Promising to keep in touch and having another corny pick up line challenge again.

(( A/N: oh my dudes I've been slightly spaced obsessed lately bc that's what I'm learning in science rn ahHh.. space is so cool, but it kinda scares me you know ?? Idk I liked this, the pick up lines were funny /all thanks to google oops/ ))