44 - Andy

You exited your house, ready to do your daily morning run. You checked to make sure you had all your necessities before locking the door and turning off your steps.

You started your light jog, seeing some cars here a there. It was quite early still, only being 5:30, but the sun was already out so it wasn't dark. The temperature was slightly cool, but also humid. It wasn't a perfect day, but it was a good day.

As you were running you swore you heard someone behind you, but when you checked you saw no one. You just shrugged it off and decided to put your earphones in. You turned on your favorite song and soon the thought of someone behind you faded.

For a couple minutes everything was normal. You were running your normal route, no trouble. That was until you felt a cold hand grab your wrist.

You stopped immediately and spun around, ready to punch someone. Although, when you saw the man you let your guard down a bit. He didn't seem like he was going to hurt you, but you were ready to scream at any moment.

The man made a motion to his ears, making you remember you had your headphones in. Your cheeks lit up in a slight blush as you quickly removed your headphones.

You looked closer at the man now. He had brunet hair, but a ginger beard. He was quite pale and had dull blue eyes. He wore a shirt with the letters 'XVX' printed on it.

"You dropped these." He spoke, making you look at him. He was holding out your keys, making you gasp. You took the the keys and smiled.

"Oh thank you! If I would've lost these I would've been in so much trouble!" You exclaimed. The man smiled back.

"What's your name?" You asked, stuffing the keys into your backpack instead of your pocket this time.

"Andy Hurley." He replied, his voice was soft. You took note of how high pitched it was too. It was quite distinct and quite adorable.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Are you out here for a run too?" You asked after realizing he was also wearing basketball shorts and sneakers. They seemed very athletic-y, stuff you'd wear for a run.

"Yup!" Andy replied.

"Wanna run together maybe?" You suggested. Andy hesitated for a moment before nodding slowly.

"S-sure, yeah that's okay." He said, with a nervous undertone. You pushed this off slightly and turned your music off before placing your phone with your headphones in your backpack.

Andy and you had a casual jog. You two chatted about simple stuff. Although, when you asked about his life he seemed to change the subject quite quickly. You would raise an eyebrow at this, but shrug. Maybe he just didn't like talking about that kinda stuff.

Soon though you had made it back to your house, hence ending your run. You turned to tell Andy goodbye, but he was already gone. This made you frown, but you just told yourself that maybe he had to be somewhere.

You unlocked your door and entered your house now to get ready for work.

Once at work you sat down at your desk and your friend smiled at you.

"Morning (Y/N)!" They greeted. You smiled.

"Good morning (F/N)." You replied.

"How was your run?" They asked, knowing you went out every morning.

"Oh it was good! I met a nice man, we ran together." You said, thinking about Andy.

"Really? What was his name?" They asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Andy.. Hurley? I think it was." You said with a shrug. When you said that, your friend's face paled. They gulped and bit their lip.

"What?" You asked, confused.

"Didn't that guy.. die?" They asked in a quiet tone. Your eyebrows shot up, a wild look of confusion and fear on your face.

"W-what? No, it was probably a different Andy Hurley." You defended yourself, not believing that the man you jogged with was dead- or a ghost.

"Hold on." Your friend said, pulling out their phone. You watched them tap at the keyboard, then turn the phone to you.

"This him?" They asked, holding an article in front of your face.

You saw a picture of Andy and headline that read 'Man murdered while on early morning jog'.

You felt your heart start to pound, all color on your face had drained. You gulped and looked at your friend, fear consuming your eyes.

"T-that's him."

(( A/N: oOO PLOT TWIST LMAO or not idk if you were able to figure it out before the end props to you or my hints were super obvious oops lol this wasn't that good and I have no clue what drove me to write this but ?? I did lmao kill me it's 5 am I haven't slept ))