35 - Patrick

You sat at a booth in a local cafe sipping at a drink while reading. It was peaceful here so you always came to read. The bell on the door rang though, making you turn your attention to the door. A man wearing black jeans and a nice red cardigan on.

He seemed to look around the cafe for a minute, then his eyes landed on you. Your (e/c) orbs widened as he began to pace over to you with a smile. Soon, he was standing at your table.

"Hi! I'm Patrick, I'm guessing you're the girl Pete set me up with?" Patrick introduced himself. You now got a more up close look at his face and he was honestly the cutest person ever.

"I..uh.. Yeah! I'm (Y/N) nice to meet you!" You replied, grinning. Oh man, what were you thinking?! You realized you were most likely going to screw up a blind date, but honestly this guy was too adorable to pass up.

Patrick sat down across from you and scratched his neck.

"Everything alright?" You asked, tilting your head a little. Patrick chuckled and nodded.

"I've just.. never been on a blind date before. I'm sorry if this is kinda awkward."

You smiled and shook your head. You placed a bookmark between the pages of the book in your hand before closing it.

"I've honestly never been on a blind date either." You said, playing along with the whole "date" thing. You just really hoped he wouldn't find out... or that his other date showed up.

"Well, why don't we start with basics? I see you like reading, do you like music too?" Patrick asked. You perked up a little and began to talk about the types of music you liked.

Patrick and you continued to talk for a while before his phone beeped to notif him he had a text. Patrick blushed and you only smiled, urging him to look at his phone.

Once Patrick read the text his expression turned into one of confusion. He tapped away at the screen and turned off his phone, putting it back in his pocket.

"My friend just texted me and said the date he set me up with called him and told him she couldn't make it anymore.." Patrick said. All color in your face drained. You nervously bit your lip.

"You weren't my date were you?" Patrick asked. You slowly shook your head 'no' and began to feel your cheeks burn in embarrassment.

"I'm.. really sorry. I just.. I thought you were cute..." You mumbled the last part. Patrick sighed, but smiled.

"It's alright. Besides, you're great company. I think you're pretty cool." Patrick said. You blinked at the brunet.

"R-really? Even though I like, lied to you?"

"Yeah," Patrick chuckled."Even though you're not the date I was supposed to have, do you want to continue to hang out?"

"Y-yeah! I'm really sorry again, I should've told you from the beginning I wasn't your date." You said and blushed.

"Don't worry, if you didn't then I wouldn't have ever gotten to talk to you!" Patrick exclaimed, smiling. You nodded in reply.

"So.. can we be.. friends?" You asked kinda awkwardly. You mentally scolded yourself for that, but too late now.

"Yeah, definitely! You're really cool (Y/N), I'd love to talk more."

"Then let's talk more!" You chuckled. Patrick laughed and nodded.

You two stayed in the cafe and talked for what felt like hours before exchanging numbers and departing for the night.

(( A/N: HI OMG I haven't updated in so long and I have a request I still have to write aHH sorry this wasn't the best imagine but I'm trying rip me guys mm I've been so tired lately but school ends on the 13th so ;))) as an apology here's a doodle of Patrick

))