42 - Patrick

(( okay so um this is for @petewertz and I was supposed to have it done liKE A LITERAL MONTH AGO OKAY IM SO SORRY I'm the worst procrastinator ever but I... I still get things done.. Oh boy I'm gonna die in high school this year ))

You bobbed your head along to the gentle rhythm of the sweet piano music playing softly around the store. There was no one here right now as it was mid January, aka the time where barely anyone got married.

So here you were, making sure everything in the store was tidy and neat. It could be quite boring, but you'd usually entertain yourself by making up personalities for the dresses based on what they looked like.

Weird? Maybe. Fun? Yes.

Right now you were smoothing out the silky fabric of a mermaid tail dress, thinking to yourself that whoever this was they would be gentle, sweet, and kind, but also with a playful side of their personality.

While thinking of traits for this dress you hadn't even noticed the loud ring of the front door bell.

"Um, excuse me miss?" A woman's voice called, making you jump. You turned around to see an older woman, not too old though maybe her mid 50s or 60s, and a younger brunet male who was probably in his late 20s early 30s.

You smiled at the two, quickly apologizing for not greeting them sooner. The woman smiled and waved her hand, signaling that it was alright.

"So, how could I help you two?" You asked cheerily with a grin.

"Well, I was hoping I could find a dress here." The woman snickered, making you blush a little from embarrassment.

"O-of course! If you would just like to browse for now that's fine or I could help you find something specific-"

"That's alright dear, I can just browse for now." She mildly cut you off, then smiled. You nodded and smiled back before rushing behind the check out counter.

You watched the woman look around for a bit, then sighed. You looked over toward the brunet man, who hadn't seemed to move. Although when you two made eye contact you quickly looked away, flustered.

You looked somewhere off to the right now, letting the Chopin playing gently ease your thoughts. When someone cleared their throat though you whipped your head to the side, blinking when you saw the male now standing in front of the counter.

"My names Patrick, that's my mom." He introduced himself, the gestured to the woman on the other side of the store. You smiled and straightened your posture, nodding.

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you." You replied nicely.

"Hey Patrick,sweetheart, I think I found one!" His mother called, making you both look toward her. You followed Patrick to where his mother was standing was a grin on her face.

She stroked the silk fabric of the mermaid tail dress you had been thinking about earlier. You smiled at her, she seemed almost a perfect match to the personality you had made up in your head.

"You can gladly try it on!" You chirped.

"Thank you, dear." She said, removing the dress from the rack.

You lead her and Patrick back to the changing room, then took a seat once she was settled. Patrick followed your action as well.

"Hey, uh, (Y/N)?" Patrick asked. You hummed in reply, turning your head to look at him.

"Would you maybe like to.. get (coffee/tea/whatever the heck you drink/eat idk) sometime?" Patrick asked, cheeks dusted a rosy pink color. You chuckled and nodded.