29 - Pete

You sat at your desk grading papers while waiting for the parent of a child to come in for a meeting. For the past couple months, you've worried about a certain boy named Bronx. He seems to have a lot of trouble completing homework and you wanted to meet with his guardian to maybe plan out ways to help him do his work.

The click of the door sounded, making your head jolt up. You smiled at a man with blonde hair who was about in his mid 30s. He smiled back and closed the door behind him as he walked in.

"Hello, Mr. Wentz, I'm Ms. (L/N). Please, take a seat." You gestured to one of the desks in front of you. Pete nodded and awkwardly slid into one of the desks.

"So, I know you're probably wondering why I asked to meet with you today." You said, sweetly. You were trying not to make the atmosphere in the room tense, it's not like his child was in severe trouble.

"Yes, I'd love to know." Pete said with a chuckle. You nodded.

"Well, Bronx is a wonderful child, but I'm very concerned as to why he hasn't been getting his homework done." You said. Pete's expression twisted into a confused one. He scratched his head and bit his lip.

"I-uh-well the thing is... I've been on tour with my band for the past couple months," Pete began to explain."He's been living with his grandma and he's really good at sweet talking her into letting him do whatever he wants." His short laugh after he spoke had a nervous tone.

You nodded slowly taking in the story. You pushed (H/C) locks out of your face, then looked back at Pete.

"Well, Mr. Wentz, I care about Bronx a lot. He has very big potential to do great things," You spoke kind heartedly."I'd love to see his work ethic improve though, do you mind helping him with that?"

"Not at all! Once I get home I'm sure going to have a talk with him about why he hasn't been doing his work." Pete said.

You clasped your hands together happily with a smile.

"Perfect! Thank you so much for coming in Mr. Wentz, I appreciate it very much." You stood.

Pete also shifted out of the awkward seating position in the small desk. He blushed as he almost fell after getting his foot stuck. You giggled lightly as he tried to cover himself up by saying 'that was on purpose'.

You showed the blond to the door and said your goodbyes, happy that he was so nice and modest about this whole meeting.

~ extended ending ~

Once Pete got home he talked to Bronx about the whole not doing homework scenario. Bronx apologized and promised to do his work from now on.

Pete pursed his lips, then smirked.

"Hey Bronx, would you mind getting in trouble more often in Ms. (L/N)'s class?" Pete said. He was joking.. but a small part of him kinda wasn't, in all honesty.

Bronx's eyes widened, then he realized why his father had said that.

"Eww dad she's my teacher!" The boy exclaimed, sticking his tongue out.

"Yeah, yeah... but she's a cute teacher."

(( A/N: guess whose baCK BOYZ lmao it me. Anyways hi I haven't written for a while, not even for my own enjoyment. So this is kinda sucky-ish idk ?? I've been so tired lately everything I do is like lazy n garbage whoops... aLSO I'd like to point out that when I wrote this I was imaging Bronx in the 12-13 range so thought I'd clear that up ))