27 - Joe

"Hey guys, where are you? I can't see you on the map." You spoke into your headset microphone. All you heard were laughs and talking on the other end. They completely ignored your question. You bit your lip and squinted at the screen.

You knew playing a multiplayer game with your friend and her boyfriend were a bad idea. They always ignored you when they played together. You sighed and tried asking the same question again. Still, no reply.

Finally, frustration was starting to set in as you rubbed your temples. Without a word spoken you disconnected from the game and Skype. If they were going to ignore you, then why even play with them?

You pushed yourself up from your comfy office chair and stretched. The sudden feeling of sadness hit you now that you realized they were ignoring you. You mumbled a "fuck them" under your breath and decided it was time you had lunch.

On your walk to the kitchen, you passed Joe who greeted you happily. Although, you were too deep in thought about your friends being complete jerks to answer.

Joe furrowed his brow in confusion and slowly followed you to the kitchen. He leaned against the doorway, waiting for you to be done scouring the fridge for food.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked as soon as you turned around. You jumped at the sudden voice, almost dropping the food items in your hand. You looked at Joe and blinked a couple times, then cleared your throat.

"It's nothing." You shrugged and set the sandwich materials on the counter. You opened a cupboard and grabbed the bread.

Joe rolled his eyes and walked up to you, putting an arm around your shoulders.

"You're not fooling me, sweetheart. Now, what happened?" Joe was dead set on getting an answer out of you.

"Eh, (F/N) and her boyfriend again. They're jerks when they're together, you know that." You said and began making your sandwich. You tried to hide the sadness in your voice, but failed.

Joe nodded and rubbed your back gently. He did know how rude they could be, especially to you. Joe thought for a moment, then smiled.

"How about I play the game with you instead?" Joe asked. You looked over at the curly haired brunet with wide eyes.

"Really?" You asked, a smile tugging onto your lips.

"Yeah! First though, let's eat. I'm actually really hungry." Joe chuckled and motioned to the half made sandwich on the counter.

You giggled and nodded. You made sandwiches for the both of you, then went to set up Mario Kart.

After eating, it became full on Mario Kart war. You felt your eyes drifting over to the brunet every so often. You took in the small things about him. The concentrated face he made while playing, how forcefully he pushed down the buttons, and the way he smiled when he won.

You were almost kinda thankful (F/N) was being such a jerk, because without that you wouldn't have gotten this wonderful experience with Joe.

(( A/N: ahh I based this off something that happened to me irl.. lmao I learned not to play games when my friends with her boyfriend that is a no go anymore. Anyways, I hope this was okay ? I feel like I got kinda lazy towards the end oops 😅 ))