45 - Pete

(( this was inspired by what @mitamisamazing suggested for me to write buT DONT WORRY IMMA WRITE AN ANDY ONE TOO LIKE YOU SAID ;))) ))

You sorted through dusty boxes in your attic, looking for one filled with long lost items. You coughed a little as waved your hand around the air to clear some of the dust around you.

"Everything okay, (Y/N)?" Pete asked, popping his head in through the attic door. You looked back at him and smiled.

"Yeah, everything's fine. It's just really dusty." You replied, turning back to your search now.

You heard Pete's shoes clack against the floor as he walked over to you now. Soon, the darker haired man was kneeling next to you.

"Maybe it's not so good for you to be lifting-"

"Peter, I am a grown woman I can lift boxes." You cut him off abruptly.

"Yeah, but the baby-"

"I am only four months pregnant. Please, Pete, I'm fine." You said, laying a hand on your husband's shoulder and giving him a soft smile.

Pete smiled back and nodded, scratching his neck.

"I guess I'm just being over protective, huh?" He chuckled.

"Yes, yes you are." You replied with a laugh.

"What're you looking for anyway?" Pete asked now, seeing all the moves around boxes. You stood from your kneeling position now, mostly to stretch your legs.

"Eh, just some of my old childhood stuff. Like books and things. I was hoping I could find the books at least mostly because I'd love to read them to the baby." You shrugged.

"Oh! I think I know where that is!" Pete exclaimed, rushing off to the opposite side of the attic from which you were.

You mentally sighed, wishing you had looked over there in the first place. You walked over to Pete, avoiding the scattered boxes on the floor.

Soon, he pulled out an older looking box. The tape on it had yellowed quite a bit and on the side it read "(Y/N)'s don't throw away!!" in giant letters.

You chuckled and took the box from Pete, sitting down on the floor once again. Pete followed your action and sat across from you, waiting patiently for you to open the box.

You tore the tape off and opened the brown flaps to reveal stacks of books and a few old toys. You felt a whole new wave of nostalgia wash over you as you picked up a certain book.

Your eyes softened and you gently brushed your hand over the hard cover, clearing the book of dust.

"This was my favorite book as a kid." You said, smiling to yourself.

The book itself was in poor condition, probably from all the years of wear and tear it had to endure. The binding was coming apart, the pages were torn and yellowing, and you swear there was a chocolate milk stain on one of them.

You stayed quiet as you flipped through the pages, remembering when your grandma used to read this to you. Pete just watched you, not wanting to ruin this sweet moment. He had never seen such a soft look in your eyes, he didn't want to disturb you.

After flipping through the book you closed it gently as if not to damage it more than it already was. You set it off to the side, then looked at Pete tears almost welling in your eyes.

Now, his expression fell. He became almost panicky, until you started to laugh.

"Calm down, calm down I'm fine. It's the nostalgia that's getting to me." You chuckled, wiping away some of the tears.

Pete heaved a sigh of relief and smiled, reaching over across the box to hold your hand.

"You're the wife I ever could've asked for, you know that (Y/N)?" Pete said, staring into your teary (E/C) orbs with his own hazel ones.

"You're not so bad yourself, buddy." You chuckled. Pete rolled his eyes, but still had a smile plastered to his face.

"How about I carry this downstairs, make some tea and we look through it for the rest of the night?" Pete suggested. Your eyes lit up and you nodded hastily.

"That sounds perfect! Oh man, I have so many stories I want to tell you." You giggled.

"Than stories it shall be!" Pete announced, helping you stand up. You grabbed the old book from the ground before placing it back in the box and letting Pete pick it up.

You allowed him to walk down the stairs first before following him down, shutting the attic door behind you.

(( A/N: oH MAN THE SAP I CANT ah this was so... so sap I :') anyways I hope you guys liked this ?? I got some a-okay ideas from you guys on my last author's note which is !! because I hope to be updating a bit more before school starts anyWAYS thanks for reading I hope u all liked this ily 💕 ))