49 - Patrick

Tonight was a beautiful, summer night. As it was mid August it was slightly hot, but the gentle breeze made up for that. So, since it was a beautiful night you decided to drag Patrick outside to enjoy it.

"It's so humid." Patrick complained as you rolled your eyes. You set out a blanket on the plush grass, flipping down on it. You looked up at Patrick and, with a smile, patted the spot next to you.

Although the brunet did find it quite hot, he'd push through it if it meant being with you. So, Patrick sat next to you and followed your newborn gaze to the crescent moon in the sky.

It fell quiet. Not an awkward quiet, a peaceful one. I mean, it wasn't fully quiet. There was the gentle hum of crickets and distant sounds of cars. It was just.. relaxing.

You subconsciously leaned over onto Patrick, resting your head on his shoulder. He smiled and gently wrapped his arm around your waist.

You two stayed like that while listening to the cricket's sing. You closed your eyes for a bit, seeing as it was sorta late and you were kinda tired.

"Hey (Y/N) look at that!" Patrick whisper exclaimed, making your eyes pop open. You blinked a couple times, then gasped when you saw a whole bunch of fireflies lighting up the yard.

They seemed to have appeared out of no where! It's not like you were complaining though. They were absolutely beautiful.

You broke from Patrick's arm, pushing yourself off the blanket. You ran into the cloud of glowing bugs, giggling when they all fluttered away from you.

"Let's catch some!" You beamed with bright eyes. Patrick's eyes softened at your adorable nature. You bounded over to him and stuck out your hand, as a gesture to help him up.

The brunet chuckled and took your offer. You pulled him up and began to jog towards a firefly, trying to catch it. You missed, but that wasn't going to stop you.

You tried to catch more, failing at each attempt. Soon you stopped and placed your hands on your hips, pouting.

"I can't-"

"Got one!" Patrick exclaimed. You gasped and raced over to him, looking at the firefly crawling on his hand. You grinned and put your hand close to his, letting the bug crawl on it.

It lit up a few times, then flew away once more making you chuckle. You turned back to Patrick, then without warning hugged him. He was quite startled, but hugged you back nonetheless.

You pulled away, but took the brunet's pale hand into your own. You led him back to the blanket before sitting down once again and watching the fireflies light up the yard.

"Thank you, Patrick." You said, closing your eyes.

"For what?" Patrick asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

You giggled and nuzzled your head against his arm, smiling.

"For being the absolute love of my life."

(( A/N: call me Sap Queen™ idK I never write sad stuff is that bad ?? do you guys want me to write sad stuff ?? I mean, I can- I do for my own enjoyment a lOT- haha anYWAys I hope you guys liked this :00 !! ))