16.5 - Patrick

(( ee part 2 of my most recent Patrick imagine ! ))

It's been about two weeks now and you noticed Patrick come in more often as the days flowed by. At first, you two didn't really talk. Then, you began to become more curious by this fedora wearing brunet.

The bell to the cafe door rang breaking you from your thoughts. As you looked up, you saw just the man you were thinking about smiling cutely as he walked towards the counter. Wait.. did you just say cutely? Nah, you don't like him like that. Do you?

You shook the thought from your head as Patrick approached the register.

"Afternoon, sir!" You greeted happily with a bright smile. You swear you saw Patrick's pale cheeks dust over light pink.

"Hehe, hi (Y/N)," Patrick replied and rubbed the back of his neck gently."I, uh, just a hot chocolate please." He smiled back. You furrowed your brow slightly at his nervous tone, but shook it off before typing his order into the register.

"$2.50, please."

Patrick pulled out a $5 bill from his pocket and handed it to you. You took it and placed it into the register before collecting his change diligently. You handed him the $2.50 change.

"I'll bring the cup out to you in just a minute!" You informed Patrick, although he probably already knew you would considering he's just been ordering the same thing for the past 4 days.

"T-thank you!" Patrick said and walked to his usual corner booth.

You told your co-worker the order and waited now. Patrick seemed to be the only person in the cafe now, which you didn't mind. He actually seemed like very nice company, maybe you would strike up a conversation then.

A few minutes later you heard the chime of the order bell telling you the drink was ready to be served. You spun around and grabbed the, thankfully, lidded cup.

Patrick glanced up from his phone as he saw you walking over to his table. He quickly put it away, which you found very nice in all honesty. Most people wouldn't even look up from there phones when you brought them their order.

"Here you go!" You cheerily said and gently set the brown colored cup on the table."I might just start calling this the 'Patrick special' the way you keep ordering it." You giggled at your own joke. Patrick blushed, but chuckled.

"Thank you, by the way."

"Aw no problem, I mean, it is my job," You smiled."Anyways, mind if I take a seat? You seem like nice company until I have to serve someone."

"N-not at all!" Patrick barely even hesitated before saying. He gestured to the seat across from him, which you gladly took. You rested your elbows on the table which your chin set in your hands.

"So, what'd ya do for a job? If you don't mind me asking that is." You asked with a smile.

"Oh! I'm a singer." Patrick replied, returning my smile. Your eyes lit up. You always dreamed of being a singer, but no you were stuck as a barista.

"Really? That's so cool! I love singing, honestly. I might not be very good, but hey I can dream." You said and laughed. Patrick chuckled too.

You two talked for a little while longer, not even realizing how fast the time was slipping. You had started to tune out everything that wasn't Patrick, including your job. 

"Yo! (Y/N)!" A voice shouted from across the cafe. You broke from listening to a story Patrick was telling about touring with his band to pay attention to the person calling you. You paled as you saw your angry looking co-worker with arms crossed.

"O-oh man, I completely forgot I had a job to do," You said and stood from your seat. You looked at Patrick and sighed."Guess we'll have to finish that story another time." You shrugged, kinda sad you had to end talking to him.

Just as you were about to walk away, Patrick grabbed your hand.

"W-wait! How about we, um, talk about it on... a.. date?" Patrick's voice got more hushed as he spoke, but you heard him. You giggled at how adorable he was. This made him recoil, thinking you were rejecting him.

"I'd love to." You replied, grinning. Patrick's expression lit up as he made eye contact with you.

"R-really?"

"Yes-" You began to speak, but were cut off by your co-worker starting to yell.

"(Y/N)! JOB FIRST, LOVE LATER!" You were now being dragged away back to your position behind the cash register.

(( A/N: ahh here's part 2 ! I'm /slightly/ satisfied with this. When I say slightly, I mean slightly. It was cute, but probably could've been better. Hehe... anyways! I'm seeing Fall Out Boy this weekend omg !! I'm going on Sunday I'm super duper excited !! ))