16 - Patrick

You ran your hand through your (H/C) locks as you stood behind the cash register of the cafe you worked you. You looked around at the almost deserted place. Literally, there was only like 4 people here.

One man caught your eye though. He looked nervous and fidgeted as he sat in the corner booth. You watched him hastily fix his fedora and push his glasses up his nose as soon as a girl walked into the store. He stood and greeted her.

You just sighed and looked away now realizing it would be rude for you to eavesdrop and stare. Although, it was kinda hard as they were the only loud noise in the cafe minus the gentle hum of music in the background.

"O-oh so you're cancelling?" You heard the man say. His voice was smooth, but there were traces of disappointment and sadness in it.

"Yeah, sorry. I'll catch you another time." The curly haired girl, who was talking to him, said. You heard the bell to the door sound meaning she left.

You but your lip and snagged a glance back at the man who had now taken a seat. He looked upset which made you frown. You sighed softly as you walked into the kitchen part of the cafe and whipped up a quick cup of hot chocolate.

You were relived to see the brunet still sitting at the table as you exited the kitchen. You grabbed a regular glazed donut from one of the display areas and maneuvered your way out from behind the counter.

You gently set the hot chocolate and donut on the table causing the man to look up at you in confusion.

"It's on the house." You replied before he could ask anything. He smiled lightly and nodded.

"Thank you.. uh, (Y/N)?" He more asked than said as he squinted at your name tag. You chuckled softly and nodded.

"Yup! Also, it's no problem..." You trailed off as you didn't know his name.

"O-oh! Sorry, I'm Patrick." His pale cheeks turned a crimson red now. You only smiled.

"It's alright, it was nice to meet you Patrick. I wouldn't mind seeing you around here more often." You said and gave a wink. Patrick's eyes widened as his cheeks grew more red, if possible even.

(( A/N: ehh that was short yuck. I might write a part 2 as that was very ??? idk how to describe it I'm just not feeling it u know.. nnh anyways just a short update for now, I'm trying my best to write some more! ))