[Fairy Tail] Natsu x Reader: Promise

Yes, I watch Fairy Tail. Yes, I do ship Gratsu. Yes, I did get bored. Yes, I'll shut up and write the story. Here you go.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail!" Those were the first words you heard when Natsu brought you to the guild. You never expected your first mission would almost get you killed.

"Guys, we've got to hurry! Y/N hasn't come back for three days now! She might be hurt or worse!" Natsu yelled at his team. Erza had gone to do a solo mission, leaving Lucy, Gray, and Happy to deal with him. "Natsu, calm down. She's a strong wizard. She'll be fine." Lucy assures him. "If she was fine, she'd be back by now!" He stated. "Hate to say it, but he does have a point." Gray stated. "I don't care what you guys say, I'm going to go find her!" Natsu stormed out of the guild hall, the door slamming shut and silencing the guild members.
-----------
-A few days later-
You sat weakly in a cell. You didn't expect your mission to be so difficult. 'Find the rouge wizards and defeat them.' That was your mission. You instead got captured by them. The hope that someone would come find you was beginning to disappear. You heard yelling and the room began to get warmer, which wasn't enjoyable for you as the room was already warm as is. You spoke to the guard, who was surprisingly kind to you.

"What's happening out there?" He looked at you over his shoulder. "This maniac wizard just barged in here and practically set the place on fire. Good thing he didn't. He probably came here looking for someone." He answered. You only knew one person insane enough to barge into a building looking for someone. You saw fire fly down the hallway. The guard was burnt and the bars were melted. Good thing I wasn't close. You thought. "Y/N? Are you in here?" You heard the familiar voice of Natsu Dragneel. "Natsu!" You saw the pink haired boy run into the cell. He looked you over. Your clothes were torn and your body was bruised. "What did they do to you?" He asked, getting on his knees. "They beat me up, every day. They thought I knew something about this rare spell." He looked you straight in the eye. "How badly did they hurt you?" He asked in a serious tone, which surprised you. "A few of them used magic on me. It's nothing too bad though. Just some gravity magic and water magic. Though I think one of them had fire magic."

"Well, let's get out of here." He helped you up. Your legs were weak and you lost balance trying to stand on your own. "Don't let the girl escape! She knows a rare and powerful spell! I want her alive!" Someone yelled over the intercoms scattered throughout the building. Natsu carried you bridal style and ran out of the room. Several men came after you. Natsu took them all out, not letting you go once. A jet of water struck you both and launched you against the wall. Natsu cushioned the blow, making the impact less painful for you and more painful for him. He made a strange sound, almost like a whimper. "Are you alright, Natsu?" You asked. He looked at you with a smile, which was obviously fake. "I'm fine. Stay here. I'll take care of this." He gently set you behind a pillar nearby, then ran off to fight.

You peaked out from behind the pillar to see the fight. The attacker saw you and ran over to you. "Y/N!" Natsu dashed to you, trying to get you out of there. You were too focused on Natsu to see the man standing in front of you. He held a sword in his hand. He swung it furiously, cutting deep into your side. A scream escaped your lips as you fell against the pillar. "Y/N! Get away from her!" Natsu kicked the guy in the face, saving your life. The man was unconscious. "Are you okay!?" He held your shoulders tightly. "I'm going to live. It's fine." You clutched your side, blood leaking through your fingers. "You're going to be alright. Come on. Let's get you back to Fairy Tail."

"Natsu?" The two of you looked up to see Erza. "Erza? What are you doing here?" He asked. The red head noticed you, your arm slung around Natsu's neck. "What happened here!?" She asked in a demanding tone. "I took on a mission to fight someone. I got captured and Natsu came to save me. I didn't think this would happen." Erza came over and slung you over her shoulder. You winced, though Erza ignored it. "Come on. Fairy Tail isn't that far from here."
------------
I sighed. Y/N was sitting in front of me, her side bandaged up. "Listen, Natsu, I'm really grateful for what you did back there. I was starting to think no one would save me and I would be there forever. Thank you for everything." She smiled. I loved it when she smiled, and seeing her in pain like that upset me. "No problem. Anyways, I've got to go. See you tomorrow." As I was about to walk out, she grabbed my wrist.

"Could you please stay? I don't want to be alone." She seemed scared. I sighed. "I guess I can." I turned around. She smiled at me. I pulled her into a hug. "I don't want to go through that again." She sobbed into my chest. "Don't cry, please. I don't like to see you cry. You're gonna make me cry in a second." I said, my grip tightening a little as a few tears manage to escape my eyes. She looked at me, her (e/c) eyes filled with tears.

"Natsu?" I wiped my tears away, forcing a smile. "I'm fine. Seeing you cry makes me start crying." She saw through my facade. "Natsu, I've known you long enough to know that you're faking that." She looked me straight in the eye. I hugged her tighter. "I was afraid I'd never see you again. You'd been gone for a whole week, and no one bothered to go find you. I literally searched the whole city to find you. I almost gave up trying. From now on, I'm going on every mission with you. No exceptions."

She gave me a warm smile. "Then let's make a promise, here and now." I was confused. "What?"

"I promise I will never let myself get captured again. Now you." She looked into my eyes. "I promise I won't let anyone hurt you ever again." She giggled. "And now to seal it with a kiss."

"Wait, wha-" Before I knew what was happening, Y/N pressed her lips against mine. She quickly pulled away, her face red. She tilted her head to the side, arms behind her back, smiling. My face was probably as red as hers. "Ya know, I've actually had a crush on you for a while." She yawned. She giggled. "Your face is so red right now. It looks good on you." She covered her mouth with her hand to muffle her laughter. I yawned. "We should really be getting some sleep."

"Yeah, we should." She replied, wiping a tear from her eye, giggling. She climbed into the bed, bundling herself up in the blankets. I climbed in with her, wrapping my arms around her. We both slept soundly, memorizing the promises we made.