[Soul Eater] Death the Kid x Reader: Slip into Madness

Song-ERROR by VFlower

Distorted eyes blurring the lines between dreams and reality. The girl sat in the corner of her room, holding her head and laughing. Her eyes twitched and her mouth formed into a psychotic grin. The lights were out and the blinds were closed. The TV was off and all that could be heard besides the insane laughter was and old music box playing a disturbing tune. She looked up when the door opened, seeing a boy with dark hair, with three white stripes on the left. She stood up. "Y/N? What're you doing sitting in the dark? And what's with the creepy music?" Kid looked around, the darkness making it hard to see. Kid, please don't come in the room! Please! And don't turn the lights on! Kid did exactly what Y/N thought he would do, causing the body she had no control over to attack him.

A few minutes later, Kid had knocked out the girl. "The madness must've gotten to her. I was too late then." Kid got to his knees. "Dammit!" He slammed his fist on the floor. He looked at Y/N. Her hair was messy and she had bags under her eyes. "I guess madness affects the best of us." He sighed. He sat on his knees and moved the girl's head into his lap. He pressed his lips against hers gently before placing his forehead on hers.

"Y/N? Y/N, can you hear me? Where are you?" Kid called. The darkness went on forever. He saw someone in the distance. "Y/N!" He ran to the girl's body in the blank landscape. He got to his knees and lifted the girl, causing her to open her eyes. "Y/N, are you alright?!" He asked. The girl nodded before she wrapped her arms around Kid. "Thanks for everything. But, I can't go back as long as the madness has a hold on my soul. It's already infected most of it. You have to get rid of it." She transformed into a lance. Kid ran through the dark, Y/N being his only guide. A door appeared.

Kid put his hand on the doorknob. "If you go through this door, You might not be able to escape. The source of the madness should be in here." Y/N said. He entered the door and Y/N turned back into her human state. She watched Kid walk around in confusion as the door closed behind the two. Kid watched in horror as the door vanished.

Y/N grinned mischievously. "Who are you really?" Kid glared. "It's me, Y/N. Who else would it be?" Y/N replied. "No you're not. Y/N's blade is exactly 5.8 inches long. Yours is 5.2. Also, her hair isn't that short/long." He kept his glare on the girl. She sighed. "Well played, Kid. Well played. You're pretty damn perceptive. But, without a door, you're stuck here. Unless you open that box right there." The fake pointed to a small chest in the corner of the room. It had a lock on it. "If you can find the key to that box in five minutes, I'll let the girl go. But, any longer and I'll destroy the box. Go." Kid searched the room frantically. He found a (f/c) key. "Ding ding ding! That's the key! Now,open the box." He held the box in one hand, the key in the other. He put the key in the keyhole and turned it. He then entered the box, followed by the madness.

Kid saw Y/N, her body wrapped in chains from all sides, her arms lifted up by them.

Kinda like this.

He ran to her, embracing her as the madness tried to take her away. Kid pulled her away, hoping the chains would snap. They all split, launching the two back. They ran to escape. The madness caught up.

Kid awoke in a room with the fake Y/N. "Where is Y/N!?" He yelled. "She's over there. Take her. She's not waking up anytime soon, though." Kid ran to Y/N's side. "Y/N! Wake up, Y/N! Please! You need to get up! Please! Please..." He hung his head. "See? I told you." Kid held back tears as he held the girl's limp body. "Y/N, please wake up. We need you. I need you. Please. Just open your eyes." His tears began to fall.

"Look, if all you're gonna do is sit there and cry, then get out. I'm giving you one minute before I start kicking your ass." The fake glared at Kid,waiting impatiently for him to leave. He didn't budge. "Kid..." He pulled back to see Y/N's face. She smiled and wiped his tears with her thumb. "I want you to know that I love you." She transformed into a lance, and Kid stood up. "She woke up?" The fake gasped as the lance pierced it's body, before disappearing in darkness.

The two woke up in Y/N's room. "K-Kid?" Kid held Y/N tightly. "Thank god, you're alright. I was honestly scared." Y/N hugged him back. "I was scared too, Kid. Scared that I'd never see you or Maka or Black Star or anyone again." She said, her grip on Kid tighten. Kid pulled away before kissing her cheek. "It's okay. I'm here, so you don't have to be scared anymore." Y/N smiled and kissed Kid on the lips. The two parted and smiled. "Thank you for everything, Kid."

"You're welcome."

Three one shots finished in one day!? WHOA! Lol. Anyway, now that this is done, time for something I really want to do! See you next time!

~Fullmetal