[Legend of Zelda] Toon Link x Reader: My Hero, Your Hero

Link smiled as he sailed along the waves. He was on his way to a place called Dragon Roost Island when he saw something strange floating in the water. Curious, he sailed over and saw a person floating face down in the ocean. He dove into the ocean and swam to them to help them out. Quickly, he swam back to The King of Red Lions and got back in, pulling the person he had just saved onto the small boat. He wasn't too far from his destination, so he continued sailing along.

When he made it, he brought the stranger to shore. He noticed that they were breathing, so at the very least, they were still alive. The stranger was a girl, which he hadn't noticed due to her baggy clothes and hood over her head. She was also his height, and probably his age, too. She woke up groggily, squinting as her eyes adjusted to the bright morning sky. "Wha...where am I?" She looked at Link. "Who are you?"

"I'm Link!" The girl looked at him for a second before another question popped into her mind. I was caught in a storm and my boat sank. Did this kid save my life? "Are you the one who saved me?" He nodded. A long silence fell until Link spoke up. "So, um, what's your name?" He asked. "Oh! Uh, I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Link."

--------------------------------------------
Link was fighting a Moblin, but the fight was very one sided. Every attempt Link made the hit it was fruitless as he would be knocked against a wall. He ran up again only to be knocked to the side, his arm scraping against the ground. His sleeve ripped, causing his now exposed arm to scrape on the ground, leaving his arm bloody and small bits of skin peeling off.

He ignored the nasty looking injury and ran up to attack again, only to get flung into a wall. He landed against his injured arm, the incredible pain caused a scream to escape his mouth as he fell back down, landing on his other side. He held the injured spot as he panted with beads of sweat running down his face.

"Link, look out!" He looked up and saw the Moblin readying its spear. Before it could attack, a dagger was thrown into its back, effectively killing it. The Moblin disappeared and its spear fell to the ground along with the dagger. "Link, what happened?" Y/N asked, running to him. She saw the blood that stained his sleeve and a bit of his exposed injury, which went from the top of his arm all the way to his elbow.

"Link, c'mon. You can't fight with that injury." Y/N told him. "I'm fine! I can fight!" Then Y/N grabbed his arm, making him flinch. Then she started tightening her grip, making Link squeak and whine in pain, since it really hurt. After a while, she let go. "What was that for?!" Link asked, pulled his arm away. "That was my special ninjutsu, grab-really-hard-where-it-hurts-jutsu." She replied casually. "Um...okay then." Link just gave her a strange look. Anyway, I can still fight!" Then she punched him in his bleeding arm. "Owwwww!!! Why?!"

"You were just so exposed."

"So you felt the need to hit me?!"

At this point the two were just bickering, and it took a while for Link to finally admit he couldn't fight in his condition. "I give up. You win..."

"Link, I know you're just trying to be courageous, but running headlong into battle with that kind of injury isn't courage. It's stupidity! Honestly, what would you do without me or The King of Red Lions helping you?" Y/N pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. Link laughed nervously in response. "Take off your tunic."

"Eh?"

"Take off your tunic so I can patch up your arm, you idiot! I don't carry around a roll of gauze and alcohol for nothin'!"

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Y/N finished covering up the young hero's arm. "There you go, yuusha." She stood up. "What happened to calling me 'Link'?!"

"Now, we must go defeat the dungeon boss, yuusha!" Y/N said in a somewhat bored and uninterested voice. "You seem like you don't want to do anything! And I thought I wasn't supposed to charge headlong into danger because of my arm!"

"Ah, yuusha, you think we can get some soup after to celebrate?"

"Can you slow down a second?!" Link never felt so lost before. "Haha, sorry, Link. I was just trying to mess with you." Y/N replied, giggling a little. "Well, it worked." The hero pouted, flopping onto the ground. "Hey, now that I think about it, I never got a thank you." Y/N said. "For what?"

"For covering up your arm. You could've bled out if it wasn't for me. And if you somehow didn't bleed out, you would have been killed by a Chuchu or something because you would have just rushed into danger without thinking." Y/N laughed. "Oh, w-well, thank you, Y/N."

"I'm sorry, did I just hear you stutter?" She teased. Link, embarrassed and red faced, pulled his hat over his face. "Aww, did I embarrass you?" Y/N laughed. "You're so adorable, ya know that?" Y/N had a feeling the boy's face was red as his boat. She took his hat from his hands, proving her theory true, as there he sat, face flushed a bright red and eyes wide, looking at the girl. She ruffled his hair before putting his hat back on his head. Then she lifted his bangs and kissed his forehead.

Link's face was so red that she seriously thought it couldn't get any redder. "Love ya, cat eyes."

"C-Cat eyes?"

"Your eyes look like cat eyes. It's cute."

And then he pulled his hat over his face again.

Exactly 1000 words. Nice.