Chapter 7

CHLOES POV
-----------------
The walk was silent. Not an awkward silent, we just didn't talk as much. The sun was beginning to set as we finally reached the the Hollywood sign.
Ricky and I walked over to the edge of the mountain and sat down, our legs dangling off the edge.
"It's so beautiful." I say, as I stare out into the sunset.
"Yeah, it is" Ricky replies. I could see from the corner of my eye that he was looking at me when he said that. I couldn't help but blush.
"Ricky?"
"Mhmm?" He responds, as he looks out into the distance.
"Can I ask you a question?" I ask, looking at him.
"Sure, go head" he says as he turns around to face me. For a split second, it's quiet. I quickly break the silence by blurting out "why are you doing all this for me?" He looks at me with those beautiful green eyes. He looks confused, so I continued. "I mean, nobody has ever been so kind towards me. You're not getting anything in return from helping me. So why ARE you helping me? You have spent a LOT of money on me today, and I would like to thank you for that. You really shouldn't have though, but thank you. It just makes me good about myself, you know? I always feel so miserable and isolated from the world, because nobody ever talks to me. People always treat me like I'm trash. And sometimes I think that I actually am. But today.. Ricky today you made me feel so happy, and I had so much fun with you. I have never felt so good about myself before. And I would just like to thank you, because I hardly ever feel like this. But why did you want to help me?"
Ricky was gazing at me the whole time I was speaking.
After a moment, he finally spoke. "Chloe when I heard you sing yesterday, I was just so stunned, because I had never heard anybody sing so well. But when everybody started to leave and I finally saw you, I almost wanted to cry. A person like you does not deserve to be living on the streets Chloe. You are way too talented, and kind and gentle and sweet and beautiful and okay you get my point. What I'm trying to say is, an amazing person like you does not deserve to be homeless."
He is the sweetest person in the whole world. A smile escaped from my mouth. Two dimples appear on either side of Ricky's mouth as he also begins to smile.
We were both looking into each others eyes.
I could look into his eyes forever.