Chapter 8

CHLOES POV;

"Thank you so much."I whispered to Ricky. I felt like I was about to cry, but I didn't.
"You're welcome" he whispered back.
I smiled and looked away. After a moment or two I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and Ricky pulls me into him, my head on his chest, his chin resting on top of my head. We both look out into the distance ,watching the magnificent sunset, observing the world.
I've never felt so alive.
"Chloe?"
"Mhm?"
"I have a feeling that we are going to be great friends." He says, and we both laugh a little.
I start to smile, then close my eyes, and sigh. This is the life. This is how I want to live my life.
"Me too, Ricky." I say. "Me too."
We stay sitting there, until the sun had finally set. Then we start to walk down the mountain.
Ricky could tell that I obviously didn't want to go back my "home" so he asked if I wanted to walk around with him for a while and I didn't think twice about saying yes.  We walked around for hours, talking about even more stuff. We never got bored with each other, and it was never silent. We ended up in the local park, and we went on the swings. Ricky checked the time on his phone.
"Chloe?"
"Yea?"
"It's half three in the morning."
"What?!!" I said in disbelief. Were we really hanging out for that long?!
We both started to laugh.
"Well, I should probably go then." I say.
"Wait!" Ricky shouted, as I started to walk away. "I'll walk you."
We were walking up the street, around the corner from where I live, when I turned to Ricky. "It's okay Ricky," I said. "I'll go myself now, it's only around the corner."
"Are you sure?" He asked, concerned.
"Positive." I replied. "Thank you so much for today Ricky, I had the time of my life." And that was when Ricky took me by the hand, and pulled me into the warmest hug ever.
RICKYS POV
I wanted to kiss her so badly, but she probably would have rejected me. "I'll come and see you tomorrow as soon as I wake up." I say. She waves at me,flashes her beautiful smile, and walks around the corner.
I just stood there for a minute or two, smiling. As I started to walk in the other direction, I heard a scream. It sounded like a girl.
Chloe.