Chapter 1-Unexpected.

Four years later.

Aaradhya's Pov.

Life was so blissful till date.

I completed my post graduation a week ago. I can finally look for a job but my parents have some other plans.
Like almost every Indian parent, they are looking forward to marry me to a guy based on their choice.
For their happiness, I agreed to get married.

I'm supposed to tie the knot some day and to someone and to be honest, I don't have anyone in my life so why not go for a try?

Yesterday, my dad was the one who had called me to discuss on this topic.

A day before.

"Hey dad, You wanted to see me. What happened?" I hugged him.

"Yes Aaradhya." He pecked my forehead.
I sat next to him.

He cleared his throat to speak.

"Aaradhya, as you've agreed to marry a person of our choice, we as your parents are totally proud of you and we hope that even Aditi follows your path someday which is likely to happen." He chuckled.

His humour didn't make me laugh.

He sighed.

"It's not that we're forcing you or Aditi. You can choose for yourself but this decision of yours shows us how much you trust us with your life's most important decision. Believe me beta (Dear). Your mother and I always want you and Aditi to be happy and we would  always choose the best for both of you. Talking about your marriage, we have been searching suitors and yesterday, we received a proposal from one of my very good friends. He wants you as his daughter-in-law and has been very keen to meet us." Dad finally stopped speaking.

I looked down and nodded. He continued.

"Aaradhya, we've planned a meeting with him tomorrow. If you're free and have no problem then you can meet him at a restaurant nearby. Meanwhile we'll be at his parents house. We thought to give you some privacy to discuss things and after that you both can tell us if you want to marry each other or not." He finished finally and placed his hand on my shoulder.

I didn't say anything as my mind had a lot to process.

"So?" He was waiting for my response.

"Okay dad, I am fine with the meeting. I'll see him at the restaurant." I said and he smiled.

Back to present.

Dad told me to reach the Citylight restaurant by four in the evening.

Dad had done the bookings so he told me to address our surname to the receptionist to find the table where we both will be meeting.

I wore a red ethnic suit.
Aditi helped me to wear the accessories and make up.
I left my hair open in hurry.

I left home exactly at 3:30 pm and reached just few minutes before 4.
I headed towards the table as per dad's booking. I arrived before him as I couldn't see anyone at the table so I calmly waited for him.

I was anxious at the same time. I could be meeting my future husband! It was a strange feeling.

My eyes fell on my cell phone.
It was exactly at four when my eyes travelled up the door where I noticed him.

Shit!

What is he doing here?

Oh my God, if he finds out that I am here to meet some random guy, he'll ridicule me a lot and that will be very embarrassing.
I just hope he didn't see me.