Chapter 44-An Unpleasant Quandary.

Aaradhya's Pov.

"Congratulations. Aaradhya Mehra! Oops Mrs. Taneja." I heard her speaking after so long.

"Tiara." I spoke breaking the silence.

"Yes atleast you didn't forget my voice, Yeah, this is Tiara. Your best friend with whom you are talking with. Oh! let me correct myself. Your so called best friend, right Aaradhya?" She sounded rude and sarcastic.

"Tia. what are you saying?" I was confused.

"Yes, Aaradhya! I was never a friend for you, right? while I always thought you as my only friend. A well wisher to be precise but I was wrong. Totally wrong!" She said while I felt shattered by her words.

"Tiara. listen to me..."

I tried explaining but She interrupted me again.

"No you listen to me Aaradhya, I never thought that you would be marrying that man... who broke my heart.... worse, he broke me totally..because of him.." She sniffed and stopped talking.

"Tia!" Tears spilled out but she again cut me off.

"I'm sorry, I just wish you a happy married life and as your friend, I wish for a better future for you and hope that you don't.... land up in my place ever...." She sobbed and disconnected the call instantly.

I tried calling her but it was of no use.
I never thought to be in such a terrible dilemma.
Why God, why did this happen with me?
What wrong did I do?
What should I do now?

Should I back off from this marriage but what would I tell my parents?
My parents won't be able to bear the humiliation.

"He broke me... totally."

"Beta, I trust you. You won't ever let our heads bend in shame."

"I'm so happy, Ardu."

These phrases started echoing in my head and I caught it in my hands unable to decide anything.

On one hand I could imagine my parents happy faces and on the other hand, my best friend's crumpled face.

I betrayed my friend. I forgot about her. When did I turn this selfish?

With that I collapsed on the floor.

"Di. See the baraat (revelry) has arrived. Di, why are you crying?" Janvi barged in my room but got worried as soon as she saw me in this state.

"Di, di. what happened?" She helped me to get up and made me sit on the bed.

"Janvi... Tiara... I." I stuttered as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Wait. Drink this." She handed me a glass of water.
I gulped it down and narrated her about the call, she was exasperated after hearing me while I was crying hysterically.

"Di. Please. don't cry.." She hugged me while I cried more.

"Listen to me Di.what would you do now? You'll be called out at any moment." Her words brought me back to reality.