Chapter 28-Ailing.

Aaradhya's Pov.
The sound of my phone woke me up in the morning and I rushed to get ready for the office.

Sleep took all my tiredness away.

I quickly drank a glass of fruit juice and had oats for breakfast.

At sharp 8:30 am, I was at the gate, waiting for him. It felt freakish because for the first time, Riddhant was late. As I was about to call him, his car arrived but the driver was there this time on the driving seat rather than him.

I peeked at the back seat. His head was hanging at the other end with his eyes closed.
As the car halted, he jerked up and opened his eyes.
He gave me a slight smile with his face looking pale and wozzy.
I hopped in the car occupying some space next to him.

"Good Morning Ree." I greeted him.

"Good Morning." He mumbled with shaky voice.

He started rubbing his forehead, slightly massaging it.

"Riddhant, Are you okay?" I asked him in concern placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, just a head ache." He said.

"You should've taken an off or something if your head is hurting that bad." I advised.

"No it's okay, I'll be alright. I've an important meeting." He smiled weakly and closed his eyes.

Throughout the ride, I didn't disturb him while he was having his nap.

The car halted near my office gate and I got down.

He opened his eyes.

"Riddhant, Please have your medicine after having something. Bye and take care." I told him and waved my hand.

He nodded and asked his driver to start the car.

I entered the office and started preparing reports that Mr. Shah had assigned me for this week.
Varun sir was on a leave today.

I was exhausted while working on the data. It was damn tough but I managed to complete it.

As I was arranging the papers, My phone rang displaying Milind's name. I had given him my number to him during the party at the club as he's Riddhant's colleague.

Why is he calling me?

I quickly picked up the call.

"Hello Aaradhya, Milind here." I heard Milind's voice.

"Yes Milind. Is everything alright?" I answered being bemused with his worried tone.

"Aaradhya, Riddhant has fainted in the office corridor, Could you please come here?" He said sounding worried.

"Oh my God, Is he okay?" I shrieked.

"I don't know, please come fast." He replied.

"Give me the address, I'll be there soon." I asked him.

He gave me the address while I noted it down.

I told Kanchan about it and she assured me that she'll manage here but still I took Mr. Shah's permission informing him as it's an emergency and he granted it.

I hired a cab and reached his office and ran inside.

Milind rushed to me once he noticed me running.

"Thank god, I had your number because his phone has a security lock and I didn't know what to do." He spoke.

"Where is he?" I asked, panting hard.

"In his cabin, come." He signalled me to follow him.

As I opened the door, I saw him lying on the couch.
He was ailing with the same pale face. I am flustered seeing him like this.

"I have to attend an important meeting instead as he's unstable and I can't even call a doctor here because the delegates will be here any minute,
Aaradhya you can take him home. I'll handle the rest." He said while I nodded.

He called a peon and he helped me to take him out and put him in the cab as Riddhant was feeble to move in his unconscious state.

I didn't know anything about his apartment so I took him to my flat.

Our building's watchman helped me to take him upstairs to the flat.

He left after placing him on the bed. I immediately dialed doctor's number which Milind had texted me.

I covered him with the duvet. His body was burning hot with fever. I placed the thermometer in his mouth.
The thermometer displayed 101° body temperature.
I quickly got a bowl with some cold water and a napkin.
I placed the napkin soaked with water on his forehead.

Dr. Rai arrived and started checking him.

"Doctor, how is he now?" I asked.

"Ms. Mehra, Mr. Taneja is neglecting his health a lot nowdays.
Don't panic, just a mild fever so let him have some rest and give him some soup before these medicines." He handed me a small packet.

I took it from him.

"Yeah, you did a good job of placing wet napkins on his forehead, Call me if the temperature doesn't go down." He added.

"Thank you doctor. How much should I pay?" I asked him about his fees.

"Don't thank me, I am his family doctor and friend. Beside Mr. Taneja won't like it if you'd pay." He denied and left.

I covered Riddhant with the quilt and headed towards the kitchen.

I prepared tomato soup for him and poured it in the bowl before taking it inside.

I shook him lightly to wake him.
He woke up in a dizzy state.

"Blossom! Where am I?
I had an important meeting with the delegates." He started blabbering while freaking out.

"Riddhant, it's okay. Calm down. Milind is there for the meeting.Just have this soup... You need to have these medicines too." I handed him the bowl.

He blinked his eyes twice and took the bowl.

His hand were shaking that he couldn't hold the bowl. I quickly took the bowl from his hands and fed him the soup.

I made him have his medicine and again pulled the duvet over him.

Once he slept, I came back to my room and changed into something comfortable.

I hope he recovers soon.

________________________________

So Did you like the chapter?

What happens next, Find out?

I'll update soon.

Please Vote and Comment.
Thanks for Reading.
♡♥♡.