Chapter 31-Back to Home.

Aaradhya's Pov.

One month later.

A month passed in a blink of an eye.
I have adjusted myself to this new lifestyle and the biggest achievement was that I could design my own life now. This job has been great, thanks to the great people working there and I think, I am progressing with time.

Because of the busy schedule, I didn't get time to head back to Pune on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi but this Dussehra, I have promised Maa that I would visit them.

Nikita is quite tensed since she'll be getting married next month. I'm also hanging out with Harsh usually reviving the time. Varun sir is polite to me nowadays as I suppose he doesn't want to face the wrath of Niki.
My relationship with Riddhant is moving now on a smooth surface. He's even teaching me driving and I'm enjoying it under his guidelines.
Moreover, everything has fallen in its place and I am quite happy about it.

I had shopped several lehnga choli's for Navratri (A festival) with Nikita while she was busy purchasing sarees.

I have also bought gifts for my family from my first salary as I'm finally getting back home to celebrate the festival. I'll hand over their gifts once I reach.

Festivals are the best time for me to enjoy with family. I had packed my bags and now I am ready to leave to celebrate the last three nights of Navratri with my loved ones though I have to return to Mumbai after  three days due to my work commitments.

Riddhant is caught up with some foreign clients so he'll come a day later.

After a bus ride, I'm finally back to my hometown.

Maa, Dad and Aditi came to receive me from the bus stand.
I spotted them while getting down.
As soon as Maa saw me, tears formed in her eyes. I ran towards them and hugged her tightly
She kissed my forehead.

"See, I knew it. you have already lost weight. You don't take care of yourself, do you?" Maa said between her sobs.
Typical Maa whom I missed so much.

I hugged Dad and Aditi too.
We all sat comfortably in the car and it speeded up once the engine roared to life.

After we reached home, they all started pampering me. I gave them their gifts. I bought a brand new wristwatch for Dad, Lord Shiv pendant for Maa and a handbag for Aditi.

I even gifted Riddhant, a cologne from the money I earned. He was pleased too.

Maa prepared a lot of food like I'm some gourmand but I'm glad she did because I really ate it like one after all I was having her cooked food after almost five weeks.

Aditi started inquiring about Mumbai and my job while Dad was silently listening to me.

"Ardu, what is this? can't you extend your leave? we want to shop so many things. Now it's just few months left for your wedding." Maa reminded me.

"Maa, I can't extend my leave as it's only been a month and by the way, you all are coming to Mumbai for Niki's wedding so we'll shop together at that time. Mumbai has great places to shop." I told her.

"Oh yes! we need to shop for Nikita's gift too. You know Harshita called me. She's very worried about the preparation." Maa exclaimed.

Maa and Harshita auntie were friends just like me and Nikita but they had been in contact with each other when we were busy shaping our careers.

Dad's voice interrupted my chain of thoughts.

"Every parent feels the same, especially mothers. I know you'll be in the same position in just few months of time." Dad whispered while reading his newspaper. Maa snorted.

I chuckled because it's rare to hear Dad commenting this way.

"Ardu, go take rest otherwise you won't be able to attend Durga (Hindu Goddess) puja (Prayer) followed by dandiya raas (Stick Dance) function." She said in a commanding tone.

I nodded and walked to my bedroom.
It was kept the same way I had left it but a bit cleaner. I really missed my room. It feels so comfortable to be back here though just for three days.
I lied on my soft pillow thinking about everything.

Oh my God! I forgot to text Riddhant.
He had asked me to inform him once I reach home.

I quickly grabbed my cell phone and texted him.

"Me: Hey, are you busy?"

He can be in a meeting. So better, I ask him first.

But his message popped up after few seconds.

"Riddhant: So finally you got some time to think about me."

He is sneering now.
I quickly typed.

"Me: Sorry, I forgot to text you".

"Riddhant: It's okay. You don't remember me anyway."

"Riddhant: I am the least important person in your life."

Is he angry or is he just annoying me?

"Me: It's not like that."

He instantly messaged..

"Riddhant: So what position do I hold?"

I didn't have any specific answer to his question.
I blankly replied.

"Me: five :-)".

The phone vibrated again.

"Riddhant: Atleast you considered me in your top five list :-D"

I smiled at his message.

"Me: So when are you coming here?"

I tried to change the topic.

"Riddhant: See, you're already missing me. Are you sure I am on the fifth position?"

This guy is teasing me again.
I replied after a lot of thinking.

"Me: No actually, Maa asked."

I covered up.

"Riddhant: Are you sure blossom? Because aunty just called me before you. She definitely didn't ask me anything as such."

Oh shit!

"Riddhant: Stop denying the fact that you are affected by my presence and tell Aunty, I'll come tomorrow.
One more thing, there's a surprise for Aditi and you.
P.S.- Enjoy today and miss me ;-)"

I blushed at the last line.

Yes, I'm affected by his presence. I'm used to have him around me but wait a second what did he write about the surprise that includes Aditi too?

There's something or the other going inside his head.

I must find it out.

_________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

What surprise has been stored in for Aaradhya and Aditi?

Thanks for reading.
Please vote and comment.

♡♥♡.