Chapter 17-Agitated.

Aaradhya's Pov.

I'm shocked to see Varun sir sitting with Naresh Uncle and Nikita.

Naresh Uncle, my future father-in-law. What was he doing here?

"What a surprise, Ardu? You didn't tell me, you are working in T & S Group of Companies." Nikita slapped my arm playfully.
I was standing like a freaking statue in front of them.

"Ms Mehta, I mean Aaradhya, sorry but I didn't recognize you from school." Varun sir apologized.

I addressed him 'Sir' because he's my boss despite of being Nikita's boyfriend.
I just stood dumbfounded but before that I touched uncle's feet and he placed his hand on my head to bless me.

"Yeah, I knew you are Mr. Taneja's future daughter-in-law but couldn't remember you as Nikita's friend". Varun sir added with a smile.

I didn't know how to react so I just nodded.

"Actually I came today to meet Varun for lunch but was shocked to see you at the cubicle and luckily you didn't see me so I entered Varun's cabin quietly and told him everything, at that time he recalled you from school as my friend." Nikita explained.

I was still wondering about this confusing mess.

"But uncle why are you here?" I asked Naresh uncle who was silent all the time and was seated comfortably at the black couch.

"Ardu, Don't you know Varun and Mr. Taneja are professional partners. Recently, a month ago precisely they have merged their respective companies. When I came here, he was already seated there." Nikita elucidated.

I was appalled by that time.
Does this mean I haven't got this job on my abilities but just because of being uncle's future daughter-in-law?

Without talking further, I exited the cabin and took my belongings and left the office building.

Was Riddhant aware of this?
Of course, he knew.

Then why did he hide the fact?

And on top of it he told me about professionalism and dedication.
My foot!

I never wanted any favour from anyone. I have always lead a selfless life. Then why should I work at such place where I am not been judged on my certificates but my relation of being the future daughter-in- law of the owner.

Nikita also didn't tell me that she knew Riddhant's family through Varun.
Am I the only person who is always been on the dark side on this planet?
I am so angry with all this.
I was such a fool to believe that I could achieve something on my own ability.

I took an auto ride to my flat, correction Riddhant's flat that he bought from his money.

My phone was buzzing constantly but I didn't care to pick it up.
Nikita, Riddhant, Varun sir were calling continuously.
Yes, truecaller app confirmed the id for me so I got to know when Varun sir had called.

I was in a no mood for discussion.

I paid the auto driver and rushed to the flat. I opened the door in haste and threw my bag on the couch before  locking myself in the bedroom.

I am feeling offended by all of this nuisance. I switched off my mobile in agitation and sat on my bed calming my temper.

Soon my bedroom door got unlocked.

"What the hell! Riddhant?" I shouted at him.

He looked totally pissed off.

"Aaradhya, are you out of your mind?" He yelled back.

"Yeah I am. How could you all do this to me?" I wailed at him.

"What are you talking about?
Care to enlighten?" He sounded confused.

"Yes, Don't act like you don't know. you didn't tell me that the company I will be working for belongs to your dad and I have got this job on some consideration rather than on my own capabilities.
I don't want anyone's consideration, Riddhant. I want to be independent." I groaned with teary eyes.

"Hold on, Ms. Independent.
Who told you that you got this job on my dad's consideration?" He folded his arms, demanding for an explanation.

"I am not an idiot." I said blankly.

"Yes, you are an idiot, How can you assume things without even knowing the truth?" He came closer and took my hand in his.

"You only told me that you interviewed for the job and you got it because of your capabilities, right?" He spoke.

"That was just a formality." I whined.

"No Blossom! It was a real interview. You were judged on your answers and intellect. Not because of any other reason." He brought his palms close to my face.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I started snivelling.

"Because I didn't want you to panic and I thought you'll soon find out but I should've told you before
and Dad, he found about you after you got appointed so don't think that you got this job because of some favours. Since, it's all a just mere coincidence." He justified and wiped my cheeks.

"I am sorry for withering without acknowledging the truth." I apologized.

"It's okay but never in your life underestimate yourself because you are judged on your behaviour and hardwork." He pecked my forehead.

I know I am bad at showing my emotions but why do I act different with Riddhant?
Why did I go frenzy?
He's the only person, with whom I have argued or fought.

"Now, let's go or Nikita and Varun would doubt us as we are taking so long here." He joked, lightening the mood.

"Yeah. So you knew Nikita before hand?" I questioned him.

"No, I knew Varun as he was my neighbor few years ago till he and dad merged their companies a month ago". He replied.

"Then when did you find out that Niki is Varun's girlfriend? . I asked him.

"Just an hour ago when your friend called me to tell me about your act of unprofessionalism and stupidity." He answered.

"No matter, Ye duniya bohat choti hai (The world is quite a small place)." I said giggling.

He laughed along with me before pulling my hand and walking out.

______________________________

Did you like the chapter?

What's next hurdle in Aaradhya's and Riddhant's life?

Give your feedback through your vote and comments.

Thank you :-).

I'll update asap;-)