Chapter 32-Festive Triumph .

Aaradhya's Pov.

It was the time for Devi (Goddess) Puja.

I never missed any Navratri prayers but this year due to work load, I couldn't celebrate this festival's first seven days.
I called Aditi in my room while Maa was busy with organizing stuffs.

We quickly dressed ourselves in the pink lehnga choli (Indian outfits).

Today is the eighth night of Navratri festival, so there was a special Yajna performed for the Goddess Durga .

After the puja (worshipping ritual) concluded, we all headed towards the main hall. Men and women from our locality were in for the dance in their traditional outfits.
Riddhant's parents were also present.
I even talked with both of them and earned praises from Naresh Uncle for my efficiency at work.
An orchestra was organized for playing folk songs. Dandiya Raas (A Dance used with colourful sticks ) was performed after the Puja as a part of the merriment.
We danced a bit to the beat of the music.
I wished Riddhant to be there but he would be coming tomorrow anyway there's no issue.

He had told me about some surprise for me and Aditi.

When we came back, I told Aditi about it and even she was curious to know.

How could I tell her when he didn't tell me anything?

Anyway I was eagerly waiting for whatever he had planned.

Next Day.

I texted Riddhant but he was adamant to keep his surprise, a secret.

"Me: Ree, please reveal the surprise?"

"Riddhant: Surprises are not meant to be revealed. Have some patience, blossom."

This man always plays hard for me.

"Me: Riddhant, please tell me. I didn't sleep at night."

I half lied because I slept for only four hours.

"Riddhant: Aaradhya, When you can endure a whole night then you can surely wait till it's evening. Just few hours."

He is always ready with the answers.

Damn.... Uh! I pulled my hair in frustration.

"Me: But it should be worth the wait."

His last message popped up.

"Riddhant: Clearly. Dear ;-)"

Now it's almost evening and I don't even know where is he?
On the other hand, Aditi has eaten up my head with the same set of questions.

Undoubtedly, my sister.

I quickly dressed up in my sky blue chaniya choli (lehnga) and jewelry.
Meanwhile Aditi barged in my room in her ethnic wear of the same colour but a different pattern.

"Di, do you have any pair of jhumka (earings) which would go with this dress?" She asked.

I handed her the earings, which I had bought from Mumbai.

She wore it, "Thanks, you are the best." She quickly hugged me.

We both exited my room and made our way to the temple house.
As soon as we reached, my eyes landed on the man who was looking a lot different actually cute in his green kediyu (ethnic top) and dhoti (traditional bottom wear wore by men) which was paired with a biege embroidered koti (jacket). He was busy talking to Dad when I stepped in.
As soon as Riddhant's eyes met mine, his lips curved up in a smile and he simultaneously winked at me.

I turned away my head to hide my reddened cheeks and stood beside Maa.
The Puja commenced with a lot people gathering around the idol and reciting the bhajan (prayer).

It concluded shortly and people started moving out.
As I was about to go out with Aditi, Maa ordered us to wait and asked both of us to meet Dad who was standing with that idiot Riddhant.

"Dad!" I grabbed his attention.

"Yes Aaradhya, Riddhant informed us about it." Dad spoke.

My eyes widened. That means Maa and Dad knew all along about the surprise.
I could've easily persuaded them to reveal it to me.

Even Aditi looked bewildered.
I faced Riddhant, he again winked.

Smart ass indeed, Mr. Taneja.

"Aaradhya, you both can go with him but be back on time and son, take care of them." He added the last part with a smile, looking at Riddhant.

"Yes I will uncle. Don't worry."

Dad followed Naresh Uncle leaving both of us with Riddhant

I was still wondering, what's happening?

Where's he taking us?

I looked at him and he was smirking this time.

"Care to enlighten now?" I crossed my arms.

"Let's go to the best place to enjoy the last day of Navratri. Shall we?" He smiled.

Aditi and I looked at each other.

He started moving out.

"Don't you both want to come for Falguni Pathak's event and perform dandiya raas on her live tracks?" He asked turning around.

"What?" Aditi and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Yeah! let's go." He said.

We both screamed in excitement and followed him to the car.

Soon, we arrived at the event ground where Falguni Pathak will also be performing tonight.

The place was crowded and there was a huge queue for tickets.

"Riddhant, how will we get inside? And the tickets might be expensive too?" I questioned him.

"Who are you underestimating?" Riddhant quirked his eyebrows.

He walked towards the entrance and presented his card.
The guards allowed us to enter.

"You both stay with me and tell me if you need anything. Don't go anywhere alone." He instructed.

We both nodded in agreement.

"Brother, you are the best." Aditi praised him.

"So am I." He grinned.

We started dancing as Falguni Pathak started singing her famous track 'Indhana winva'.

Riddhant is full of surprises.
This guy can brilliantly perform folk dance on this song. I still remember his college hiphop dance.
Is there anything he can't do?

He started playing well with the dandiya sticks as it connected with mine when we were whirling and spinning.

I laughed.

We danced to the songs as she sang it in her melodious voice until I realised.

"Riddhant! Where is Aditi?"

_______________________________
So did you like the chapter?

Where did Aditi go?

This was a tough chapter for me to write so forgive me if any mistakes.

I like Falguni Pathak songs and she's quite famous for Navratri celebration events.

Do Vote and Comment.

Thanks for reading....
♡♥♡