Chapter 36-Double Occasion.

Aaradhya's Pov.

Next few days were exciting but equally tiring for me. Niketan Uncle (Nikita's Dad) had booked an entire hotel for the wedding ceremonies.
Meanwhile my parents were staying at my flat.

Nikita and Varun got married in a traditional hindu ceremony, a night before Diwali.

Varun throughout was behaving in his best polite manner with me. I even performed a duty like sister in one of the ritual despite being Nikita's friend.

During each and every function, Riddhant simply avoided me. He only talked when our elders were around. When I tried initiating any sort of conversation, he walked away.

What did I do to deserve this kind of cold attitude from him? Even I gave up after a lot of ignorance.

I sobbed silently at these many nights tucking my pillow close to me so that Aditi doesn't know about this as she was sleeping right next to me.

Varun planned a diwali cum wedding reception party for his staff and clients who weren't present for the wedding with families.
I was assigned with the duty of organizing it so I was doing it.

As per the plans, all kind of preparations were checked twice by me after which only
I came back home and freshened up.
Aditi forced me to wear a saree today so I chose a yellow chiffon one with a sleeveless blouse and accessorized it. I left my hair open and applied some make up to hide the dark circles that had form beneath my eyes due to lack of sleep.

I arrived at the venue again and started attending the guest. My parents were already present there with Nikita and Riddhant's families. Some of my colleagues had already arrived.
Varun and Nikita were on the stage.

While I was busy explaining the waiter to serve, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Happy diwali, Aaradhya." Kanchan wished me.

"Wish you the same." I hugged her.

"Hey you look great, I guess somebody won't be able to take his eyes of you." She giggled.

My eyes shifted to the person wearing an Armani suit. The same person who didn't even cared to look at me.

"Yeah right!" I spoke sarcastically.

"You did a fantastic job indeed." I thanked her for the compliment.

"Who is this young gentleman?" I asked her, referring to the teenager who was busy with the Ipad, standing next to her.

"Aaradhya. This is my younger brother, Girish." She introduced him.

He didn't lift his eyes from that gadget when she mentioned his name.
"He is obsessed with technology, he's a total gadget freak." She whispered clearing my doubts.

I nodded with my mouth forming an O.

"Okay, well enjoy the party." I smiled and walked away.

I was quite tired pacing around, checking the arrangements. By this time, Riddhant was no where to be found.
I instructed the bartender and turned around to collide with a hard chest.

"Hey, are you alright?" The person nudged me.

"Yes I am." I murmured.

"What happened Lalit?" I heard a very familiar voice of the person, I was least interested to hear.

"Hello, so we meet again, didn't expect to see you here. Oh right! you must be with Riddhant here afterall you're his fiancée." She spoke with disgust especially the last part.