Chapter 7-Great Pretender.

I hope, I'm updating fast. Do vote and comment. And you may find spelling errors while reloading the chapter so open it twice.
_________________________________

Aaradhya's Pov.

I woke up to the sound of my usual alarm tone.
I looked around to see that Janvi was still asleep beside me. Since most of the rooms were occupied, I had asked Janvi to stay in my room while Rano shared the room with Aditi and both the boys were in the guest room.
Janvi and I didn't have much of an age difference. She was younger than me but was way wiser than me.
I picked up my phone and checked my whatsapp. From past three days, I've been waiting for his reply.
No apologies, No explanations.
Nothing!
Not a single message from him.
Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Why am I getting engaged to this jerk when he's not even interested?
What have I done? We're going get engaged today and he's already so aloof.

I didn't notice that by this time, Janvi was already awake and was continously staring at me.

I wiped my tears and plastered a fake smile.

"Di, don't you dare hide that? we all have been noticing you since from the time we're here. Now tell me what's bothering you?" She asked me, questioning her doubts.

I was hesitant at first but eventually told her everything about Tiara, Riddhant, his split personality, our past differences and about the day at the shopping mall.

She gasped in shock and patted me while hugging me.

"It's okay di, today when you'll meet him, you can confront him. I am damn sure that he might have some sort of explanation for you." She soothed my back by rubbing it.

"Janvi, please don't tell anyone about this. Not even Adi." I pleaded.

"Don't worry. I'll not tell anyone." She nodded and left to check Rano and Aditi in their room.

I lifted my phone and dialed his number for the last time.
He disconnected my phone on the first ring itself.

Now this was the limit to my patience, I decided to never call him henceforth.

'Enough of these worrying. If this is how you plan on behaving then today at our engagement ceremony, Mr. Riddhant Taneja, I'll be my old self.
I won't break down to show you my tears and I wouldn't forget what you did to me.' I swore to myself and jumped off the bed.

To get my mind off him, I wandered in my house to see the elders pacing around, doing some small preparations.

I ate food with my cousins while chatting and giggling at the dining table, pretending to be happy even when I wasn't. Later, Maa asked me to rest more in my room.

In the meantime, I took a nice bath and dried my hair. I settled on my bed and started reading my novel.

After few hours, Maa, my aunts were in my room with Janvi, Rano, Aditi and few makeup artists behind them.
It was an absolute chaos.
They bought my royal blue lehenga (Indian Traditional Gown) with few matching accessories and footwear.

I quickly wore them once they let me have my privacy.

The lehenga that Aditi has chosen was fitting me well and was flaunting my bare waist which was still visible despite being covered by the long net scarf.

The makeup artist started highlighting my facial features with the makeup. I asked them to keep it light and they followed my instructions. They combed my hair and rolled it into a bun with few strands of it falling on my face.

I looked into the mirror, still not believing with the way, I was looking.
I was pleased with my appearance.

"Someone might die today." Rano teased me.

He should after his inconsiderate behaviour.

I should shut my mind!

"Yes di, you're looking exceptional and mind blowing. You'd win Miss Universe with this look if you would participate." Aditi whistled whilst making all of us laugh.

"Adi!"

"My daughter is glowing like a blossoming flower. So pretty." Maa pecked my forehead and wiped her tears.

"Okay everyone. let's leave. We're still left to get ready. Janvi, you stay here with Aaradhya and get ready yourself. The guest will arrive in no time." Anu Masi (maternal aunt) announced and all of them followed her, leaving both of us alone.

"I know you're tensed but everything will be alright." Janvi placed her hand on my shoulder.

"And he'll surely be mesmerized because you're looking drop-dead gorgeous." She added with a genuine smile.

I smiled and nodded slightly.
She got ready quickly and after some time, the rest of my cousins with Aditi barged in the room to take me out.

As I stepped out, I saw all of my family members looking at me with great admiration.
Our house was filled with many guests but my eyes fell on the person whom I am longing to see from the past four days.
He had a warm smile on his face.

He was looking sinfully hot and handsome in his creme sherwani (Indian attire wore by men mostly on occasions). His eyes was sparkling as always and his gaze was fixed on me, only me.

The moment, I reached towards him. He came forward and took my hand in his.
I couldn't believe after all what he had been to me, he's behaving like nothing had happened at all.
I coldly glared at him as I was still angry with him.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ears.

I rolled my eyes at him and pretended to be unaffected by his compliment.
He slowly moved closer and draped his hands around my bare waist.
I looked at him quizzically. What kind of game is he playing?

He plastered a smile to all those who were interacting with him.
I am just good in pretending but he's one great pretender as I can see him reacting totally different from that angry Riddhant, I saw the other day.

Is he trying to irritate me? It's so difficult to understand him but I shouldn't lose my patience in front of him. I'll stay strong and calm.
I can play too.
Game on, Mr. Taneja! Game on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So did you like the chapter? Do you think Aaradhya is doing right?
Do write your feedback.Please do Vote and Comment.
Take care♥
I'll update next chapter possibly by tomorrow.