Chapter 40-Still Strong Without Him.

Aaradhya's Pov.

Riddhant's assistant and driver Sunil came out to help me when he found me weeping on the road.

He dropped me home safely.

"Thank you, Please don't mention anything about my wailing to him." I requested after getting out of the car.

"I won't ma'am. I'll take your leave and if you need the car, please call me. It's boss's order." He said and drove off.

I trudged to my flat and placed my bag on the coffee table. I knew, it was pointless to cry so I brushed my tears and calmed myself by splashing water on my face.

He had turned me into a strong woman and by wailing, I would've wasted his efforts.

Varun had granted a leave, may be out of pity but I still decided to go back to office. I quickly called Sunil for the car and reached office before lunch time

"Can I come in, Sir?" I knocked before entering his cabin.

"Yes." He answered authoritatively.

I stepped in while his eyes were fixed on his laptop. He looked flabbergasted once his eyes lifted up.

"Aaradhya, Why did you come? I granted you a leave, right?" Varun asked softly.

"Sir, I wanted to work beside it's an important meeting tomorrow." I replied professionally.

"Aaradhya, It would've been managed. You could've simply taken some rest." He spoke humbly.

"No sir. I am fine and I know how important this meeting is for you and for the company because of which you're working here instead of being with your newly married wife." I tried my best to sound tactful.

"I'm impressed with your dedication, Ms Mehra." He smiled proudly and came forward.

"Thank you." I said courteously.

"So what brings you here? As I supposed you are assigned under Mr. Shah."  He questioned.

"Mr. Shah had asked me to collect the presentation from you." I told him.

"Oh yes! Just a second". He moved to his desk and handed me the pendrive.

"Here it is, there are few errors. Go through it and prepare a final version." He instructed and I punctiliously nodded.

"Aaradhya?" He called as I was about to leave.

"I'm glad that you weren't derelict. I've greater expectations from you. Now get back and work hard as I don't want our rival firms to take this deal. We have worked hard enough to earn it." He stated.

"Thanks Varun. By the way, when are you both leaving for Amsterdam?" I asked him.

"Actually, we had planned to leave by friday but now we aren't going as we can't leave you here alone when he's not there." He explained with concern.

"Please don't postpone your plan for me. I'll be perfectly alright and I won't like if I'll be the reason behind it and don't worry, for my company, I've your irritating brother-in-law." I stated, chuckling at the last part.