Chapter 19-Uncle's Revelation.

Aaradhya's Pov.

"Hello, Aaradhya Beta (Child)." I heard him speak.

"Yes uncle?". I replied.

"Beta, I want to meet you. There is something important to discuss but please don't tell Riddhant about it." He asked.

"Okay uncle. I am at home." I told him.

"Okay beta. I'll be there in twenty minutes." He answered.

I disconnected the call.
Why does Naresh uncle wants to meet me?
There were many questions spinning in my head.

I walked to the kitchen and started brewing coffee, when I heard the bell ring.

No matter, Punctuality is one of the common trait between both these Taneja men because he just arrived on time.

I opened the door and welcomed Uncle to come in. I touched his feets to seek his blessing.

He sat on the couch on living area by the time I bought a glass of water for him. He drank it quickly and handed the glass back to me.

"Uncle, would you like to have some coffee." I offered him.

He nodded without uttering a word.

I bought two cups of coffee quickly and handed him a cup.

"Sorry uncle, for my lame act." I apologized for running away from his office before.

"No, It's okay. I understand. It was your first day so you needn't apologise. I know you were flabbergasted but please don't do this ever again." He smiled and took a sip of coffee.

I nodded positively.

"Uncle, You wanted to discuss something?" I asked him.

He kept his cup on the coffee table.

"Aaradhya, I still remember the time you were born.
A little petal who was so fragile has turned into a flower now.
That time, Riddhant too was a toddler as he was just a year older to you.
You might not remember us but 'Dhiraj' your dad and I were not only best friend but were brothers and still we are. Only time drifted us apart." He paused for a second.

Dad and Riddhant's Father are best friends.

But he didn't tell me about the being so close.
Really!
They had known each other that long so why didn't Dad or Maa ever mentioned him in these many years?.
Yeah, Dad did mention about their friendship when he told me about the proposal.

"Riddhant was very fond of you. Even if you were so small, you used to giggle when he would come to play with you. He used to call you 'Blossom' when he turned four while you couldn't speak that much but you still managed to call him 'Ree'. Those were such magical days." Uncle talked further, smiling may be recalling the time.

Ree, Seriously!
Riddhant used to play with me?

And what did he call me ???
That's unbelievable.

"Uncle, But I never met you or auntie or Riddhant before. Even Dad didn't mention about you." I asked being puzzled.

"Hmm. there was some misunderstanding which got cleared by time and when Riddhant turned five, we moved to London for few years. Though Riddhant returned and stayed here alone for few years while he joined a college in Pune. He had moved to London again to pursue his Masters in Business Administration. I doubt, he might not remember anything because he was too small back then." He muttered.

I was speechless.

"Uncle, you wanted to talk something very important." I asked him after few minutes.

"Aaradhya, I believe in women empowerment and so do my son. I am not chauvinistic and that's the reason, I have always encouraged my wife. As of now she has achieved a lot but this has snatched a share of Riddhant's happiness. He didn't get our time which he should have but I believe that you'll be able to give him everything and at the same time, you'll be also dedicated to your work." He spoke further with lot of faith in his voice.

"And one more thing, I am happy that you are working in T & S group of companies and I hope one day with your hard work you would lead the company after me." He smiled.

"As Riddhant is also like you, He wanted to achieve everything on his own so he joined some other firm but I need someone to handle my business after me and I have that faith in you from now on." He smiled.

"It's my pleasure and I am obliged to be working under you uncle but I can't really say that I'll be able to lead the company." I spoke truthfully.

"I know, you are just like your Dad, altruistic. True to your virtues. That's one of the things that made me choose you as my daughter-in-law.
I respect your thoughts but the offer will always be available for you." He stated being clear at each and every word.

We talked more mainly about business till 11:00 o'clock.
He also told me about Riddhant's childhood spent with me as Maa used to babysit him. He told me about the small fights too.
I laughed hearing him.

I clearly don't remember anything.

Naresh uncle left realising that it was already late and he had to leave for Pune.

He blessed me and wished me good luck for my future endeavours before he walked through the doors.

Was this the reason, that I felt strange when we met for the first time, that day at college?
If he didn't had played that prank, we would have been friends.
Uncle told me that he used to call me blossom, I was exasperated and astounded at  that time of narration.
That means, he knew me well otherwise he wouldn't have used this endearment again.

If he knew who I was then why didn't he tell me?

Should I ask him about it?
But uncle has asked me not to discuss our conversation with Riddhant?
So I have to ask him in some other way now.
How can I do it?

I changed into my night wear and retired on my bed.

I got two new messages from him and few missed calls also.

"Riddhant: I hope you enjoyed alot with Nikita.
Sleep well. I'll come to pick you up tomorrow at 8:30.

"Riddhant: P.S.-Please pick up your phone when I call you.
Good night Blossom ;-)".

"Me: Okay... I will. Good night".

I smiled and caressed my engagement ring before I drifted to sleep.

________________________________
So I hope you liked the chapter.

I am planning for Riddhant's pov but writing his part is a bit difficult for me.

Please give your feedback and votes.
Your single vote means alot to me.
Do comment.
Thanks for reading.
Will try to update asap.