Chapter 14-A Friend For Life.

Dedicated to YouBeingYou

------------------------------
Hey Guys, another update.
Give your feedback regarding the book.
Do vote and comment if you are liking the book.
_________________________________

Aaradhya's Pov

I opened my eyes to see the time. It was past 1:00 in the afternoon.
Niki will be arriving at any time. I got up from the bed and went in the balcony. I loved each and everything about this flat but I wanted to see Riddhant's apartment which is gifted by Naresh Uncle as a wedding gift to us. Surely, he'll take me there some other day or if he doesn't then I'll pursue him to show me.

I sighed and came in the living room before settling on the couch for reading current affairs on my laptop.
After some time,
I heard the knock at the door and I immediately opened it without enquiring because I knew who it was.

Nikita engulfed me into a big bear hug.

"I can't believe you, all alone going to live in this city." She sounded enthusiastic.

I nodded.

"And the best part is we will be having all the girly time here. So much to cover up for all these years." I giggled.

"Girl time then what about Riddhant?" She said teasingly.

"What about him?" I spoke with innocence in my voice.

"Yes I get it, Ardu I know you well, Drama Queen." She mocked me playfully.

"Yeah. Nothing is important than you." I said.

"Liar." She muttered.

"Okay now can we have lunch? I am terribly hungry." I changed the topic.

"Fine. let's have lunch, I have got Italian food for both of us." She smiled.

"Italian, I love Italian food. You still remember Niki." I asked her.

"We weren't together with each other but we still are friends and I am damn sure you also remember my taste." She spoke with utmost sincerity.

"Yeah like Varun Shekhawat, Tenth Grade, Division B, Roll no. 54." I winked at her.

"Aaradhya! You remember him and every detail about him but how?" She asked me.

"Because that was the first time you had developed a likeness for a guy despite getting threats from your idiot protective brother and beside you had eaten my head with his talks. Ardu, Varun is so cool. He is so handsome. He talked to me." I mimicked her tone.

Nikita blushed on his mention.

"So you still have feelings for him?" I asked her while removing the crockery from the kitchen cabinet.

"Actually Ardu, We are dating." Nikita's cheeks turned slight pink.

"Oh really, Since when? What else have you been hiding?" I frowned.

"Nothing."

"Is that so?"

"What else I didn't tell you?" She questioned.

"You hid the fact that Riddhant will be also staying in Mumbai." I placed my hands on the hips.

"What to do yaar (Friend), Arusha aunty told me to do so?" She smiled sheepishly.

"And Varun, How did it happen?" I asked in amusement.

"Ardu, We met at a party last year and this time he approached me. Till that time, I just had crush on him but after spending so much time, I certainly developed strong feelings towards him and he too felt the same and then on our third date, he proposed." She revealed shyly.

"I am finally happy for you so where's he? Mumbai or Canada?" I asked his whereabouts.

"He's also in Mumbai. Partnering in a big MNC." She blushed harder.

I don't know how it feels to be proposed by someone because my marriage alliance would be an arranged marriage.
Yeah. I do admit over these few days, the fondness between both of us has increased immensely but still he hasn't proposed to me yet.

"Down to earth, Aaradhya. You always zone out." Nikita snapped.

I smiled and she talked further.

Meanwhile, She poured the contents from the takeout box in the bowl and I arranged the table.
We both ate our lunch while chatting about our initial years of friendship and school stories. We both weren't in contact from the last six years that made us talk a lot.
She told me about her life at Canada, about Harsh and his girlfriend Preeti, her boyfriend Varun, her parents and many more.

I told her about my life, The time, I had only one friend,  Tiara after her departure. Riddhant and my equation,  skipping the part that he was Tiara's Boyfriend.

We both listened to each other while cleaning our plates.
She left after promising shopping and dinner tomorrow after our office hours end.

Once she left, I lied on the couch, flipping channels on the T.V. but my mind was somewhere else.

Really life without friends is not worth it. I was really bad at making friends right from school while Aditi is quite opposite as she has a lot of friends.
Now at least, I can say one thing, May be I'm progressing to be more friendlier towards Riddhant then we ever were before.
My life has started to revolve around him. I don't even know whether I am on the right path or not.

Tiara's absence is also affecting me.

I don't know whether we'll be able to live this way or not but at least we need to give some time to each other and this is the opportunity to understand each other better and I'm gonna grab it.

_________________________________
So Did you like the chapter?

Do you agree with Aaradhya?

Share your view through your comments.
I'll update the next chapter soon.
Thank you guys for being such supporting and appreciative.
Take care♡♥♡.