3

( HEARTLESS )

ABANDONED HOUSE
[ ☾]

      "What's the plan?" Dean asks.

      "Well, right now, we stock up, get set." Says Christian.

       "So you're saying there is no plan." Dean says.

      "We'll find 'em. Just got to be patient."

       "Yeah, okay. Oh, here's an idea. Why don't we go kill the sons of bitches that broke into my home?" Dean asks.

       "Relax, Dean. We got it handled." Says Christian. "Djinn are hard to draw out. Now, you've been out of the game for a while. Leave it to the professionals."

       "Yeah. Sure. Tiny suggestion. You see, djinn are easier to draw out when you got bait. They want Sam and me. They know where I live." Dean says. "Now, I haven't been hunting in a while, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that's a pretty good place for us to go. See? It's almost like I'm a professional."

DEAN & LISA'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

      Gwen picks up a magazine from the table. "Huh, I love this one. Yours or, uh, your wife's?" She asks as Mark picks up a photo.

      "Hey. Do me a favor—don't touch that." Dean says.

       "Golf? Really?" Sam asks.

       "It's a—it's a sport."

DEAN'S KITCHEN
[ ☾]

      "Nice house." Samuel says.

       "Oh, yeah. Go ahead, say it—call me a soccer mom." Dean says. "Whatever."

       "Soccer mom," huh? Well, I'll have to look that up on the "intranet." Samuel says. "You know, believe it or not, I...I get it, Dean. You wanted a normal life. Your mom wanted a normal life, too. You remind me of her, actually. The attitude, for one thing. Your brother tell you what we been dealing with the past few months?"

      "No, not really." Dean says.

       "I've never seen anything quite like it. Been working 'round the clock."

       "So what's going on?" Asks Dean.

       "We don't know. But whatever it is, it goes way past a couple of djinn acting off—" Samuel says. "Nocturnals attacking in broad daylight, werewolves out on the half-moon, creatures that we've never even seen before. We don't—we don't even know what they are. I'm knee-deep in half-eaten human hearts and exsanguinated 10-year-olds, and it's all making me...Uneasy."

      "So what's your theory?" Dean asks.

      "You tell me. All we really know is it's all hands on deck. We're counting on each other right now." Samuel says. "That's how it is with Campbells. We need you, Dean."

      "Look, I hear you, but..." Dean starts.

       "You don't know what you're part of, Dean. You know, you had ancestors hacking the heads off vamps on the Mayflower." Samuel says. "What I'm saying is that we're your blood. And we're out there dying, trying to get in front of whatever this is. Maybe not the best time for golf."