36

( FRIENDS )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Elena is packing her things away in the suitcase that she bought. She's been away from Danny for almost a month and a half. And now that Sam has gotten his soul back, she thought it was time to leave the brothers behind. She pulls out her phone and dials her fiancé.

      "Hello?" He sounds like he's just woken up. "Elena?"

      "Hey." Elena smiles. "The family business situation is over. I'm coming home."

      "Tomorrow?" Danny asks.

      "Yeah. Is it a bad time?"

       "No no no." Danny says. "I'm just on a business trip and won't be back in a few days."

      "Oh." Elena says. "I see. Where are you now?"

     "New York."

      "Danny baby, who's that?"

      Elena's heart drops. "Danny, who is that? Oh my god, are you cheating on me?"

      "Elena..."

     "You are cheating on me." Elena says angrily.

      "Look, I didn't want t to have to come down to this. But come on, you're barely around!" Danny yells.

      "So that gives you the right to sleep with someone else?" Elena asks.

      Danny sighs. "Maybe this whole wedding thing was a mistake." He says. "I barely even know you. And then you run off with your so called family. I'm not stupid."

      "Screw you." Elena says and hangs up the phone. After a second of thinking, she screams and throws her cellphone at the wall. Screaming becomes angry crying as she begins to throw her clothes around and trashes the room.

      Meanwhile, Dean and Sam hear the commotion next door. "You hear that?" Sam asks.

      "Something is happening next door." Dean says. They immediately grab their guns and exit their motel room. They go to the door. Dean is about to kick it down when Sam holds out a hand to stop him.

      "Wait." Sam says. He turns the doorknob and it opens it wide.

      The room is a mess. Clothes everywhere and furniture overthrown. The TV was on, but only static was displayed on the screen. Sam and Dean step over a fallen chair and find Elena leaning against a a wall on the floor.

     "Elena?" Sam asks.

      "Oh, heya Sammy." Elena slurs. "I was just sitting here thinking about how screwed up life is."

      "Are you drunk?" Dean asks.

      Elena laughs and attempts to get up. "Am I really drunk or are you just really sober?" She asks as Sam helps her up. "My head hurts."

      "How much did you drink?" Sam asks as Dean looks over at an empty gin bottle.

      "The whole bottle by the looks of it." Dean says. "What happened?" 

      "Danny slept with another woman." Elena says. The boys have never seen her act like thisthis. "He cheated on me, while I was here."

      "You mean that oversized Calvin Klein model?" Dean asks and Elena nods as she cries a little. "I'm gonna get Cas' angel ass out of here and we're gonna pay him a little visit. Cas!"

      Sam stops Dean. "I don't think that's a good idea." He says. "Can't you see how hurt she is? She needs us."

      "Alright, alright."

      "I-I tried so hard...to have a normal life, but I'm not normal. And I'll never be." Elena slurs.

      "You're going to bed, missy." Dean says to Elena.

      "No!" Elena yells. "I'm going to drink all night and you're not gonna do anything about it!" As she finishes, she drops to the floor, too drunk and too tired.

      Sam picks her up. "I'm gonna let her sleep in my bed, wait till she's sober." He says.

      "Yeah, you do that." Dean says. "I'll clean this mess. I swear I would've kicked that guys ass."

      "I believe you." Sam smiles. He carries Elena all the way next door and puts the blanket over her. Sam watches her for a moment, then goes next door to check on Dean. "This is really bad."

      "You're not wrong on that."

      "What are we gonna do?" Sam asks.

      "We'll figure out something."

      Later, a now sober Elena gets up and holds her head in her hands. She sees Dean sitting in a chair reading a Busty Asian Beauties Magazine. "What are you doing here?" Elena asks.

      "Good. You're awake." Dean says as he gets up.

      "How long have I been asleep?" Elena asks as Dean hands her a glass of water and a pill.

      "A couple hours." Dean says. "You were pretty hammered. Made the room look like a tornado hit it."

      "I know, I'm sorry." Elena says and looks down.

      "Hey." Dean sits down next to her on the bed. "It's not your fault your ex fiancé was a dick."

      "Caroline was right, though."

      Dean looks confused. "About what?" He asks.

      "My marriage. It was about me escaping, not being in love. I actually don't think I was ever in love with him."

      "Well, Sam and I have a surprise for you." Dean says as he gets up. Elena does too.

      "It better not be something that explodes..."

      Dean laughs as he opens the door. "No. Come on." He says. He leads Elena next door and knocks.

      "This is the surprise? A dingy motel room?" Elena asks.

      "No, it's inside." He says. "Close your eyes."

      "Do I have to?"

      Dean sighs. "Yes." He says.

      "Why can't I just walk in?" Elena asks.

       "That's the whole point of a surprise." He says.

      "If you don't tell me—"

      "Just close your damn eyes Elena!" Dean yells. Elena smiles at him and then closes her eyes. She hears the door open and feels someone pull her inside.

      "Open your eyes." Sam says. "Welcome to the Anti-Danny party."

       Elena opens her eyes and looks around the room. There are many pictures of Danny around the room. His face is on a dart board, punching bag, pin the tail on the douchebag and more. She begins the cry and Sam and Dean look at each other.

      "Oh god, she's crying." Sam says.

      "Did we do something wrong?" Dean asks. Elena turns around quickly, both boys jump back a little.

      She laughs. "No you idiots. These are tears of joy." She walks over to them and wraps her arms around both of them. "This is the best thing anyone has done for me. Top of the list." She says into their soldiers. "Thank you."

      "That's what friends are for." Sam says.

      Elena pulls back and smiles brightly now. "How about we play some of these games?" She asks.

      "Let's."