51

( SILENT NIGHT )

       "You've got to be kidding me." Dean looks at Russo's remains and the huge blood stain on the street then up at the bus. On the back of the bus is an ad for Russo's law service. "Sam, Elena, check it out."

       "What?" Asks Sam.

       Dean points at the ad. "Too soon?" He asks.

       "Yeah, Dean. I'm pretty sure six seconds is too soon." Sam spots Atropos staring at them from inside a nearby building. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey. I think I saw her. Right over there."

      "Her? Like fate her?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah." Sam says.

       "What'd she look like?" Dean asks.

       "Kind of like a librarian." Says Sam.

       "Your kind of librarian or my kind of librarian?" Dean asks and Elena elbows him.

      "Well, she was wearing clothes, if that's what you mean." Sam says.

      "All right."

       "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. We can't just walk over there." Elena says.

       "We're not on the hit list. We have nothing to do with the boat. Let's go talk to her." Dean says.

       "Talk." Sam says.

       "Yeah, you know." Dean briefly pulls out his gun. "Talk. Worth a shot, right?"

ABANDONED RESTAURANT
[ ☼ ]

       "Hello? Hello?" Dean asks as Atropos stops time and turns the gas dials open on several stoves. "Hello?" Dean's flashlight dies. "Oh, come on."

      "You got a lighter?" Sam asks.

       "Yeah. Okay." Dean has the lighter and it doesn't work.

       "Oh, come on. It's out of juice or something?" Asks Sam.

       "It shouldn't be." Dean says. The lighter finally sparks and the gas catches fire. Castiel yanks Sam, Elena and Dean out if the warehouse just before the ignited gas reaches them

FOREST
[ ☾]

       "Cas!" Dean yells.

       "Hello, Dean. Sam. Elena." Castiel says.

       "Hey, thanks man. Where are we?" Sam asks.

       "White Russia."

       "What?!" Sam asks.

       "Are you aware of what your frat bro did?" Dean asks.

       "I'm aware. Balthazar can be impetuous." Says Cas.

      "Well, riddle me this -- if fate's going after the boat people, why'd she try to waste me, Elena and Sam?" Dean asks.

      "Well, I imagine she harbors a certain degree of rage toward you."

      "What did we do?" Sam asks.

       "Nothing of import—just the tiny matter of averting the Apocalypse and rendering her obsolete." Castiel says. "I think maybe she's a little irritated about that. And then you go and dangle yourselves in front of her..."

       "So we've pissed fate off personally." Dean says.

       "If I know her—and I do—she won't stop until you're dead."