38

( DEJÁ VU )

NICOLE'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

      "So, you and Nicole were roommates for a long time." Dean says.

      "Since college, but we've been best friends forever."

      "Hmm." Dean says.

      "This whole thing's really surreal. Are you any closer to finding her, or...?" She asks.

       "We're doing everything we can." Elena says. "Now, you were with Nicole the night she went missing. Did she say anything?"

      "Nothing. It's like I told the cops—I wish there was something."

      Dean finds a business card from Agent H. Roark. "Where'd you get this?" He asks.

      "Oh, Nicole got that from that FBI guy."

       "Agent Roark. About—about yea high?" Dean puts his hand up and gestures about a foot above his head.

       "Yeah, that was him. One of the men that disappeared last year lived in our building."

       "Right." Elena says.

       "So Agent Roark was asking us all questions about it, I guess."

      "You guess? So he—he came by here?" Asks Dean.

       "Oh, he came—by a few times."

       "Did he? To, uh...Speak to Nicole." Elena asks.

       "Right."

       "And how would you...Characterize their relationship?" Dean asks.

      "Relationship? No, they weren't having a—"

       "Just the—the—the tone or the nature of their conversation."

       "Well...Loud. And...Athletic."

SHERIFF'S STATION
[ ☼ ]

      Sam is walking toward the entrance of the building, when he is spotted by Sheriff Atkins. He aims his gun at Sam. "Hold it right there! Stop right there! Hands where I can see them!" Sam has flashback to when he last encountered Sheriff Atkins. "Get in my car, or you're under arrest."

      "Look—no, sir. Please just hold on for a second. There's been a misunderstanding here." Sam says.

      Sheriff Atkins locks Sam in a cell. "Man, you are dumb as a sack of hair—coming back here after what you did?" He says.

      "Look, there's been a misunderstanding here." Sam says.

      "You are not a damn Agent, okay? The FBI never heard of you."

      "Just listen." Sam says.

      "Where are the bodies? Mothers want to bury their loved ones." Atkins says.

      "I don't know."

      "Where's Sheriff Dobbs?" Asks Atkins.

       "I don't know." Sam says.

       "You run out of town soaked in blood—Oh, and you bash my brains in to do it—and you really expect me to buy that?"

      "Look, would you believe that I don't remember anything?" Asks Sam.