39

( SCRATCHED WALLS )

FLASHBACK

RESTAURANT
[ ☼ ]

       "Best guess—it came from an Arachne." Samuel says.

       "You ever seen one?" Asks Sam.

       "No one has—not outside of Crete, not for about 2,000 years."

       "Then what do we even know about them?" Sam asks.

      "Zip. Just a bunch of guesses and a blurry picture on the side of a Greek vase." Samuel says.

      "Yeah!" A restaurant patron yells.

       "Yo ho sea captain!" The Waitress yells. They place a pirate hat on patron's head, and snap a polaroid.

      "So, I gather we got no clue how to kill this thing, huh?" Sam asks.

       "I guess we just go at it till something sticks." Samuel says.

       "Well, I got an idea of where it might be, at least." Sam says. "So far, all the vics have been men in their 30s, and they've all gone missing within a 2-mile radius."

      "So we just get out and kick bushes."

      "No, that'd be a waste of time. I mean, it's all suburban sprawl—hundreds of houses, at least. It could be anywhere." Says Sam.

      Samuel looks at where Sam is pointing on the map. "Lonely Pines Park." He says.

      "Yeah. I say we make this thing come to us."

      "How do we do that?" Samuel asks.

END FLASHBACK

      "Hey, um, Brenna, do you mind if I—if I, um, borrow all this stuff for a couple hours?" Sam asks.

       "Um, okay, I guess." Brenna says. "You really don't remember Roy, do you? He was a good man. I've made peace that he's dead. I have. But I just want to know what happened."

      "I'm sure he died a hero." Sam exits the house and checks his voicemail.

      "Sam, answer the phone,damn it. I found the connection between the missing chicks. They all banged the Same dude—You. It's you, Sam. The texts, the victims, all of it—it's a trap for you. Call me back."

      Sam, transfixed by a spiderweb, is surprised when he is tapped on the shoulder and levels his gun. "Whoa. Whoa." Dean says. Elena stands next to him.

     "I almost shot you...Again. What the hell?" Sam asks.

      "I figured you'd come and talk to her. I told you to stay home, man." Dean says. "Did you get my message? Come on. We got to get you out of here. Let's go."

ABANDONED HOUSE
[ ☾]

       "Well we know that this is a monster with opposable thumbs and unlimited text messaging, and we know that it wants to kill you specifically. Does that about cover it?" Dean asks.

      "It's an Arachne." Sam says.

       "A what?" Elena asks.

       "I remembered."

       "You remembered? Y—I'm sorry. Uh, what else have you remembered?" Dean asks.

      "Don't worry, all right? I-it's nothing to do with Hell." Dean says.