24

( CLAP YOUR HANDS
IF YOU BELIEVE )

ELWOOD, INDIANA

CORNFIELD
[ ☾]

A truck is parked in a cornfield. Two people are smooching on a blanket in front of the truck. A shadow passes over them. "Did you see that?" A Guy, Patrick, asks.

"See what?" Asks Kim.

"Something out there." Patrick said.

"Patrick!" Kim yells.

"Something out in the corn." Patrick says.

Kim gasps. "Patrick, you're freaking me out!" She yells.

"Just having a quick look." Patrick says as he leaves.

"Patrick. Patrick. Patrick? Patrick! PATRICK! PATRICK!" Kim yells as Patrick disappears in a blaze of light

STREET
[ ☼ ]

There are alternating scenes of people on the streets. "I'm here because I believe that Elwood Indiana has become a center of extraterrestrial activity." Wayne Whitaker says.

"There was this light. And then Patrick just vanished." Kim says.

"It's all happening, you know?" Sparrow Jennings says. "I mean, these entities have come to help push humanity to the next stage."

"My name is Wayne Whitaker, Jr., and I have personally recorded dozens of eyewitness accounts, strange lights in the sky, mysterious presences attempting contact."

"Since this whole damned circus has blown into town, no one seems to realize we got four missing persons cases wide open. My friends lost loved ones." The Sheriff says.

"What happened to him? Something took him! I know it!" Yells Kim.

"We are right in the middle of what we in the field like to call a "UFO flap," and I am as happy as a pig in shoes." Says Wayne.

"I can guarantee you that this has nothing to do with UFO's, little green men. Nothing extraterrestrial whatsoever." Sheriff says.

"Of course it's not UFO's. It's fairies." Marion says.

"Fairies. Okay. Well, thank you for your input." Says Dean.

"What? Flying saucers not insane enough for you?" Sam asks her.

"What newspaper did you say you worked for?" Marion asks.

"Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it."

"Okay, we're, we're done." Elena says as she pulls the boys along.

"The only thing you're missing is a couple dozen cats, sister." Sam says.

"It's a blood sugar thing. My apologies." Dean says.

"What?" Asks Sam.

"What? You gotta ask?" Dean asks. "Right, yes, you do have to ask."

"Look, I'm sorry, but this is all a big joke, right, and we're not actually taking this UFO crap seriously?" Sam asks.

"No, man. ET is made of rubber. Everybody knows that." Dean says. "But there are four legitimate vanishings in this town. Something's going on. And Sam? By the way, it's not the lady's fault that she took the brown acid."