65

( THE ROLES WE PLAY )

BOBBY'S PANIC ROOM
[ TIME UNKNOWN ]

       Play With Fire by The Rolling Stones plays. Sam is unconscious on the bed. Dean paces. Bobby walks in. "Anything?" Bobby asks.

       "I can't just sit here, Bobby. I've got to help him." Dean says.

       "Dean." Elena says.

      "You know, dreamscape his noggin. Something." Dean says.

        "You know what Cas did. The dam inside your brother's head is gone, and all hell's spilling loose. We don't what's going on inside." Bobby says.

       "I don't care. We have got to do something!" Dean yells.

       "And we will, but right now we got sixteen hours 'til they pop Purgatory." Bobby says. "I'm down one man. I can't afford to be down two."

       "Yeah, and how's that going, huh? We've got no line on Crowley. We got no line on Cas. Balthazar's MIA." Dean says. "I mean, all we've got is Sam, going through whatever the hell this is!"

       "You know." Bobby turns a glass over and pours a drink. "This is exactly what Cas wants. For you to fall to pieces. Just try to think of what Sam would want." He holds out the drink. Dean pauses before taking it.

       "Find Cas, Bobby. Find him now."

SAM'S DREAMSCAPE

IMPALA
[ ☾]

       Sam is driving, Robin is in the passenger seat. Play With Fire is on the radio. Sam sniffs. "Do you smell whisky?" He asks.

      "Okay, Sam, would you focus?" Robin asks.

      "Yeah. Sorry." Sam says.

       "Okay, so, who shot at us?"

        "I - I didn't really get a good look." Says Sam.

       "Okay, we gotta go to the cops." Robin says.

        "No, look, if we can just get to my friends, they can help us. I know it."

        "Okay, you don't know if they're your friends, okay, you don't know anything about anything! Just turn around." Robin says.

        "No. Look, you're safer with me." Sam says.

        "How do you know that? You're scaring me."

       In the Panic Room, Dean opens Sam's left eye and shines a flashlight on it. In the dreamscape, Sam is momentarily blinded by a bright light. He slams on the brakes and the tires screech. Suddenly it's day.

       "What? No way." Sam gets out the car. Robin follows.

        "What was that?" Robin asks.

        "What do you mean? It's daylight." Sam says.

        "Yeah."

        "It was night, and now it's day." Says Sam.

        "It was always day."

        "No, no, no, no, no. No, it wasn't. It... What the hell is going on here?" Sam hears something in the woods next to the road.

       "Okay, so I am all filled up on crazy for today. You know what, Sam? I'll - I'll see ya." She starts to walk away.