9

( CIVIL WAR )

      "Hello?" Sam asks.

       "Y-yes." Castiel says.

       Sam imitates Castiel. "Hello." He speaks in his normal voice. "Hello"?

       "Uh, that is still the term?" Castiel asks.

       "I spent all that time trying to get through to you. Dean calls once, and now it's..." Sam continues imitating Castiel. "Hello"?!

       "Yes."

       "So, what, you—you like him better or something?" Sam scoffs.

       "Dean and I do share a more profound bond." Castiel says and turns to Dean. "I wasn't gonna mention it."

       "Cas, I think what he's trying to say is that... he went to Hell for us. I mean, he really took one for the team. You remember that?" Dean says. "And then he comes back without a clue, and you can't take five friggin' minutes to give him some answers?"

      "If I had any answers, I might have responded." Castiel says. "But I don't know, Sam. We have no idea who brought you back from the cage... or why."

      "So... it wasn't God?" Asks Sam.

       "No one's even seen God. The whole thing remains mysterious."

       "What the hell does that mean?" Says Sam.

      "What part of "I don't know" escapes your understanding?" Cas asks.

       "Cas, look, if Sam calls, you answer. Okay? You wing your ass down here, and you tell him, "I don't know." Just because we have some sort of a—a bond or whatever..." Dean starts.

      "You think I came because you called? I came because of this." Castiel walks to the table where Dean's research is spread out.

      "Oh, well, it's nice to know what matters." Dean says.

       "It does help one to focus."

       "Wait, so—so you and the Halo Patrol, you guys aren't the cause of these killings?" Sam asks.

       "No." Cas says. "But they were committed with one of our weapons. There's only one thing that could have brought this into existence. You call it the Staff of Moses."

      "The Staff?" Sam asks

       Castiel picks up the jar of locusts. "It was used in a dominance display against the Egyptians, as I recall." He says.

      Dean scoffs. "Yeah. That one made the papers." He says.

       "B-but I thought the Staff turned, like, a—a river into blood, not one dude." Sam says.

      "The weapon isn't being used at full capacity. I think we can rule Moses out as a suspect."

      "Okay, but... what is—what is Chuck Heston's disco stick doing down here, anyway?" Dean asks. "I mean, don't you guys put away your toys?"

      "Before the apocalypse, Heaven may have been corrupt, but it was stable. The staff was safely contained." Castiel sighs. "It's been chaos up there since the war ended. In that confusion, a number of... powerful weapons were... stolen."

      "Wait, you—you're saying your nukes are loose?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah, I'm afraid so. But you've stumbled onto one of them. We must find the weapon that did this." Castiel indicated the jar of locusts. "I need your help."