64

( THE MAN WHO
KNEW TOO MUCH )

STREET
[ ☾]

       Sam is running from cops. There are sirens and a police car comes around the corner. Sam runs to a door and tries to open it but it's locked. He kicks a gate open and hides behind a wall as the police car passes. The car drives slowly past a "Castle Storage" sign - John Winchester's lock-up, which Sam doesn't notice.

        When it's gone, he walks quickly to a door labelled "Delivery Entrance Only". He enters and closes the door behind him.

BAR
[ ☾]

        Sam enters the bar. A young woman, Robin, is cleaning the bar. "Hey, we're closed." She says.

       "Just uh, just give me a second." Sam goes to the window.

        "So pal, we - we open at noon." Robin says.

        "Look, you don't understand." Sam says. Outside, the cop car passes again and Sam moves away from the window.

       "Okay, I—I think I understand just fine. Look I—I don't need this kind of hassle. So seriously, just get the hell out." Robin says.

       "Please. Please, just give me a minute to think, that's all. Then I'm out of your hair." Sam says. Under the counter, Robin picks up a baseball bat. "One minute. Please." Sam catches his breath.

       Robin sighs and puts the bat down. "What's your name?" He asks.

       "I don't know." Sam says.

       "What do you mean you don't know?"

       "I mean I don't remember. I don't remember anything." Sam says.

SUPERNATURAL

       Robin opens a drink and gives it to Sam. "Come on, you're dickin' with me. Nothing?" She asks.

       "I'm telling you. Blank slate." Sam drinks.

       "Well, you got a wallet? ID?" She asks.

       "I wish I did." Sam says.

        "Okay, well what's the last thing you remember?" Robin asks.

       Sam shakes his head. "Um, I woke up on a park bench, cops shoving a flashlight in my face, trying to take me in." He says.

       "So you ran."

        "No, I, um, I knocked 'em out cold. Both of 'em. No, look, I—I didn't mean to. It just happened really fast, you know I—I think instinct or something, I guess." Sam says.

        "Some instinct." Robin says.

        "Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, who even knows how to do something like that?"

        "We'll get you to the ER. The—the quacks will hash it out." She says.

        "No." Sam says.

        "Try "yeah". Look the-the bats have flown the belfry, you need to see a Doctor."

        "No." Sam gets up. "I don't have time."

         "Time for what?" Robin asks.

         Sam sighs. "Look, it's hard to explain, I just feel like I - I have to be somewhere. There's something I gotta stop." He says.