15

( SPILLING THE BEANS )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

       Dean has an entry about Gabriel's Horn of Truth up on his laptop. Dean drains a glass of whiskey. "Castiel? Hello? Possible loose nuke down here, angelic weapon. Kinda your department. You hear that, Cas?" He says.

       Castiel appears. "Hello, Dean." He says.

       "Are you kidding me? I have been on red alert about Sam, and you come for some stupid horn?!" Dean asks.

       "You asked me to be here, and I came."

       "I—I've been asking you to be here for days, you dick!" Yells Dean.

       Castiel looks abashed. "I didn't come about Sam because I have nothing to offer about Sam." He says.

       "Well, that's great, because for all we know, he's just gift wrap for Lucifer." Dean says.

       "No, he's... he's not Lucifer." Castiel grabs the bottle of whiskey.

       "And how do you know that?" Asks Dean.

       Castiel refills Dean's glass. "If Lucifer escaped the cage, we'd feel it." He says.

       "What is wrong with him?" Dean asks.

       "I don't know, Dean. I'm sorry."

       "What happened to you, Cas?" Dean asks. "You used to be human, or at least like one."

       "I'm at war. Certain... regrettable things are now required of me."

       "And Gabriel's Horn of Truth? That's a real thing?" Dean asks.

       "You've seen it?" Asks Castiel.

       "We think it's in town." Dean says. "Something's forcing people..." Sound of angel wings fluttering. Castiel has left. "Oh, well, you're welcome! Dean takes a swig."

       Castiel reappears behind him. "It isn't the Horn of Truth." He says.

      "What are you talking about? You were gone for like two seconds. Where did you look?" Dean asks.

      "Everywhere."

       "Right." Dean says. "Well, nice seeing you, anyway."

       "Dean." Castiel says.

        "What?" Dean asks.

       "About your brother. I... I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do want to help. I'll make inquiries." Castiel disappears again.

       "Yeah. Thanks." Dean takes another drink.

MORGUE
[ ☼ ]

       Paul's body is being pulled out. "Now, I'd actually like to see all the suicides that came in this week, not just Dr. Giggles. Is that gonna be a problem?" Sam asks.

      "Well, they're—they're already gone." The Coroner says.

       "As in transferred?" Asks Sam.

       "Yeah, not exactly."

        "Would you like to tell me what's going on here, or should I have a little chat with your supervisor?" Sam asks.

       "They're gone." The Coroner says.

       "As in... gone gone?" Sam asks and the Coroner nods.