58

( THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING )

PARK
[ ☼ ]

      This scene is of Castiel doing a monologue. It will be italicized.

       "You know, I've...I've been here for a very long time. And I remember many things. I remember being at a shoreline, watching a little grey fish heave itself up on the beach and an older brother saying, "don't step on that fish, Castiel. Big plans for that fish." I remember the Tower of Babel...All 37 feet of it, which I suppose was impressive at the time. And when it fell, they howled 'divine wrath'."

       "But come on - dried dung can only be stacked so high. I remember Cain and Abel...David and Goliath...Sodom and Gomorrah. And, of course, I remember the most remarkable event—remarkable because it never came to pass. It was averted by two boys, an old drunk and a fallen angel. The grand story. And we ripped up the ending and the rules...And destiny...leaving nothing but freedom and choice. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? How am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story." Castiel looks directly at the camera. "Let me tell you everything."

SUPERNATURAL

IMPALA
[ ☾]

       "Hello, Dean. Are you all right?" Cas asks.

       "Yeah, I'm...I'm fine. How are you?" Dean asks.

       "Just wanted to check in."

       "So, any word on, uh, Satan Jr being alive?" Asks Dean.

       "I'm...looking, believe me. I just don't understand how Crowley could've tricked me." Cas says.

       "Well, he's a tricky son of a bitch, that's how. Doesn't matter." Dean says. "But if he is up and kicking, then what does matter is finding him, ripping his head off, and shoving it up his ass."

       "What about you? Have you found anything?" Asks Cas.

       "No, nothing yet." Dean says.

        "Where's Sam and Elena?" Asks Cas.

       "They're keeping busy. They're tracking a Djinn in Omaha as we speak." Dean says. "In fact, I'm heading out there right now to meet up with them."

       "Well, I'd come if I could." Castiel says.

        "Yeah, no, I-I get it. No worries. But, Cas, you'll call, right? If you get into real trouble?" Dean asks

CROWLEY'S LAB
[ ☼ ]

      Crowley is examining Eve's corpse. He also has a vampire shackled nearby. "Howdy, partner." He says to Castiel.

       "What have you found?" Asks Cas.

        "I've found a lot of things. For example...Eve's brain? Dead as a tinned kipper. And yet..." Crowley reaches inside Eve and pulls out a handful of eggs. "For some reason...She keeps laying eggs. Watch this." Crowley takes a poker and places it on Eve's brain. The vampire seizes violently. "Chocula here feels every tickle."

       "What is that good for?" Castiel asks.

       "Apart from the obvious erotic value, you got me." Crowley says.

       "You said Eve could open the door to Purgatory."

       "Correct. I did. And I'm confident that she could have if she was still alive!" Crowley yells. "Single best chance to get over the rainbow, and the Winchesters killed her!"