35

( MOTHER OF ALL )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Sam calls Bobby. "Sam. Where's Dean?" Bobby asks.

      "Hey, um...He and Elena went to go see your friend." Sam says. "So, look, I'm trying to figure out where this thing lairs up. Uh, little help, maybe?"

      "What are the parameters?" Bobby asks.

      "Caves, basically. But there's nothing around for miles."

      "So, less literal, then. What else you got local that's cold, dark, and wet?" Asks Bobby.

      "Huh. Well, um...There's no subway lines. Sewers. That could be it." Sam says. "Thanks."

      "All right."

      "Wait, Bobby. Wait. Um...You okay?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah, of course. Why? What's wrong?"

      "Besides the way you been acting and talking? Nothing." Sam says. "Is there something I should know?"

      "No. All you need to know is where Godzilla's holed up." Bobby says.

      "Well, Bobby, what happened this last year?"

      "It had its moments. No more than usual. It's got nothing to do with you, Sam. How could it?" Asks Bobby.

      "Right. 'Course." Sam says.

      "Call me if you need anything."

      "Ye-" Sam starts, but Bobby hangs up. Sam sighs and closes his eyes. "Castiel, um...I'm back. So, if you got a minute..."

      "Sam. It's so good to see you alive." Castiel says.

      "Yeah. You too." Sam says. Castiel walks over to Sam, arms out in an attempt to hug Sam, but Sam sits down instead. "Um...Look, I-I would hug you, but—"

      "That would be awkward." Castiel finishes.

      "Um...Was a crazy year, huh? I-I-I just talked to Bobby. He-he told me everything that happened." Sam says.

      "Frankly, I'm surprised that you survived." Cas says. "I was begging Dean not to do it."

      "Yeah. No, I-I-I can understand that." Says Sam.

      "You know, it's a miracle it didn't kill you."

      "Yeah. Yeah, it's a miracle, all right." Sam says.

      "So, how does it feel?"

       "What?"

       "Well, to have your soul back, of course." Cas says.

      "Right. Y-you mean 'cause I was walking around with no soul. Uh... Really good, Cas. I'm real good." Sam says. "You know what? I'm-I'm just hazy on a few of the details, though. Um... You think maybe you could...walk me through?"

DR. VISYAK'S BASEMENT
[ ☼ ]

       "You know what? I-I-I don't like this at all. You do realize that this is the single most valuable artifact you have ever touched."

       "It's also the only weapon we got." Dean says. "Look, I know what I'm doing, okay? I actually learned it all from Bobby. Hey, whatever happened there, you know he's at least a genius at this. Do you want me to kill that dragon or not?"