40

( MANNEQUIN 3-THE RECKONING )

ABANDONED HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

      Sam is unconscious on the floor, Dean shakes him. "Sam? Sam. S-Sam? Oh, come on." He shakes Sam more forcefully. "Sammy! Come on, come on. Come on, damn it." Sam's eyes open. Hellfire flickers in them and then fades out. Sam groans, the exhales sharply. "Hey, hey, hey, you with me?"

      Elena helps haul Sam off the floor. "Come on. Come on, got to get you out of here." She says.

COLLEGE SCIENCE LAB
[ ☼ ]

       A janitor mops the floor, he hears a noise from behind him, then sees blood dripping on the floor by his mop. The blood is coming from a cut that his appeared on his forehead. "What the..." As he exhales he sees his breath. "Who's there?!" The Janitor runs and then screams as he is attacked by an anatomy dummy.

SUPERNATURAL

STREET
[ ☼ ]

       Sam groans lightly while pinching the bridge of his nose. "How you feel?" Elena asks.

      "Like I got hit by a...planet." Sam says.

      "Well, lucky for you, I'm a Doctor. I got joe, grub, and..." Dean holds up and shakes a container of pills.

      "What are they?" Sam asks.

      "Effective."

       "I'm okay. Thanks." Sam says.

       "Suit yourself."

       Sam exhales sharply. "So, how long was I out, again?" He asks.

       "I'm telling you, like two or three minutes." Elena says. "Why, what'd it feel like to you?"

      "About a week, give or take." Sam says.

      "You want to talk about it?" Asks Dean.

      "'It'?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah, whatever that was. I mean, it was like you were freakin' electrocuted." Dean says.

      "Look, I mean, it wasn't fun, but I-I'm...Fine." Sam says.

      "Fine. It was Hell, wasn't it? You got a big, fat faceful of hell." Dean says. "Ever cross your mind that you could've died?"

      "Oh, come on." Sam says.

       "I'm serious. And none of this 'it's just a flesh wound' crap. 'cause we did it your way. We let you go explore, and every bad thing that I said would happen happened." Dean says. "So guess what—Past stays past. We're not kicking that wall again."

      "So I'm supposed to just ignore it?" Sam asks.

       "Yes."

        "Dean...I might've done...who knows what, and you want me to just forget about it?" Sam asks.

       "You shove it down, and you let it come out in spurts of violence and alcoholism." Dean says.

      "That sounds healthy." Elena says sarcastically.

      "Well, works for me." Dean says and Sam sighs. "It's not a joke. Your life is on the line here, Sam. This is not a debate. I mean, first you were a-a soulless dickbag, and now you're not. So we good?"