10

( NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD )

STREET
[ ☼ ]

       Castiel is standing by the wrecked car. Sam and Dean are still up in the room. Castiel is now back in the room behind Sam and Dean. "He's gone." He says.

      "Alright Cas, who was that guy?" Sam asks

       "A soldier of Raphael. He must have followed me when I answered your call."

       "Raphael? The archangel?" Sam asks. "I'm sorry, what's going on here?"

      Castiel gets a bowl from a cupboard. "I can explain later. Right now we have to—" He starts.

       "No, not later. Now. Stop, all right? Too many angels, Cas! I don't know who's on first, what's on second." Dean says.

      "What is 'second'?!" Castiel asks.

       "Don't start that." Dean says.

       "It is simple. Raphael and his followers, they want him to rule Heaven. I—and many others—the last thing we want is to let him take over. It would be catastrophic."

       "You're talking civil war." Sam asks.

       "Technically, yes. Which is why we have to find Balthazar and his weapons before Raphael does. Whoever has the weapons wins the war." Castiel pulls Sam's weapons bag from under his bed.

       "Help yourself." Sam says.

       "And what happens if Raphael wins?" Dean asks. "What—what does he want?"

       Castiel gets a flask of holy water from Sam's bag. "What he's always wanted—to end the story the way it was written." He says.

       "You mean the Apocalypse, the one that we derailed?" Dean asks.

       "Yes. That one. Raphael wants to put it back on the rails." Castiel says.

       "Why?"

       "I need myrrh." Castiel says.

       "Myrrh?" Sam asks. Castiel is no longer standing by the bed.

       "Freakin' angels." Dean says as Castiel reappears behind Dean. He is drawing on the kitchen table with chalk. "Why does Raphael want to bring back all this crap?"

       "He's a traditionalist."

        "Cas, why didn't you tell us this?" Dean asks.

       "I was ashamed. I expected more from my brothers. I'm sorry. Now I need your blood." Castiel grabs Dean's wrist and slices his palm.

       "Whoa, whoa! Hey! Ahh! Why don't you use your own?" Dean asks.

       "It wouldn't work. I'm not human." Castiel says. Dean squeezes his hand shut. Blood drips into the bowl. Castiel adds myrrh and holy water and intones. Police sirens are heard.

       "Uh, Cas, how long does this spell take?" Sam asks. The Wailing intensifies.

        "Got him. Let's go." Castiel says.

        "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What about him?" Dean asks. Aaron is still lying on the bed, unconscious.

       "Don't you think the police will take him home?" Castiel asks.

MANSION
[ ☾]

       "Huh. I was expecting more Dr. No, less Liberace." Dean says. Dean, Sam and Castiel advance on the mansion. Castiel is in an opulent foyer. A frog perched on the balustrade of a grand staircase is croaking. Castiel teleports upstairs, follows loud music into a room with a piano and strobe lights. The door closes. Castiel readies his angel-killing sword.