61

( LET IT BLEED )

PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND
MARCH 15, 1937

H.P. LOVECRAFT'S STUDY
[ ☾]

       A man, H.P. Lovecraft, is typing on a typewriter. He drinks and continues typing. He types "THE END" then places the final paper on top of the others. His door creaks open, seemingly by itself. At the same time, there is a crack of thunder and the lights flicker. He looks up, afraid.

       "Hello?" He opens his desk drawer and takes out a revolver. Gun pointed, he walks slowly towards the door and looks out into the passage. "Hello?"

       Seeing nothing, he closes and locks the door. He pours himself another drink. As he drinks, the window behind him suddenly breaks as something enters through it. A figure stands in front of him. He backs away, the creature advances.

       "Please. We didn't know. I'm sorry."

       As the creature kills him, he screams and blood spatters onto the front page of his manuscript. It reads " 'HAUNTER OF THE DARK' By H.P. Lovecraft, March 15th, 1937."

SUPERNATURAL

BOBBY'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

       Dean sits with a book, not reading it. Sam sits at the table. He leafs through a book. "Well, you know what, at least you tried." Sam says.

       "Yeah, fat lot of good it did. Why did he even come, right?" Dean asks and Sam shrugs and sighs. Dean slams the book shut. "Well, Samuel's journals are pointless. I mean, I'm sorry, but uh, Jebediah Campbell has squat to tell me about how to stop Cas from cracking Purgatory."

       Bobby walks in, carrying a large envelope. "Well actually, it's not about the journals we have, it's about the one we don't." He says.

       "Meaning what?" Sam asks.

       "Well, that's the bad news. Our pal Cas didn't stop in last night just to mend fences." Bobby says.

       "What did he do?" Elena asks from a table she was sitting on.

       "First, you're gonna get your butt off of my table." Bobby says.

       "Sorry." Elena says and gets down.

        "Stole something." Bobby says.

        "What?" Dean asks.

        "The journal of one Moishe Campbell."

       "Moishe?" Sam asks.

       "Of the New York Campbells." Says Bobby.

        "Well, uh, so we gotta get it back, right?" Sam asks.

       Bobby holds up the envelope and hands it to Sam. "Or just read the copy I'd already made. Hi, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard." He is reading pages of the journal. Dean is carrying two mugs. Sam sits at a desk with another book. Outside, a train whistles. "I think I zeroed in on something."

       "What do you got?" Dean asks.
Bobby hands him the page. Dean walks towards Sam and Elena, reading from the journal.

       "'Went to talk to Howard Phillips about the events of March 10th'." Dean hands Sam a mug and sits on the desk.

       "That's March 10th, 1937." Bobby says.

        "Alright. So who's this Phillips guy?" Sam says.