59

( CONTRACTS )

ELLSWORTH'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

      Dean and Bobby enter through the front door, Sam and Elena meet them inside the house. "Hey. Clear from the back." Elena says.

       "Demons get tipped and bugged out?" Dean asks.

        "Maybe they run from us now. I mean, that would be a nice thought, right?" Sam asks.

       "Yeah, if that's what happened." Bobby says.

       "Yeah." Sam says.

       "Hiding...Lying...Sweeping away evidence. And my motives used to be so pure. After supposedly "saving" Sam, I finally returned to heaven."

DROWNED MAN'S HEAVEN
[ ☼ ]

       "Of course, there isn't one heaven. Each soul generates its own paradise. I favored the eternal Tuesday afternoon of an autistic man who drowned in a bathtub in 1953."

       "You're alive." Rachel says.

      "Yes." Castiel says.

       "Castiel, we saw Lucifer destroy you." She says.

       "Well, I came back." Says Cas.

       "But Lucifer? Michael?"

       "They're gone." Cas says.

       "It was God, wasn't it?" Rachel asks.

       "No. It was the Winchesters. They brought down the Apocalypse."

        "But you beat the Archangels, Castiel. God brought you back. He chose you, Cas...To lead us." Says Rachel.

       "No. No one leads us anymore. We're all free to make our own choices and to choose our own fates." Castiel says.

       "What does God want?"

        "God wants you to have freedom." Says Castiel.

        "But what does he want us to do with it?" She asks.

       "If I knew then what I know now...I might have said..."It's simple. Freedom is a length of rope. God wants you to hang yourself with it."

KEN LAY'S HEAVEN
[ ☼ ]

       "Those first weeks back in heaven were surprisingly difficult. Explaining freedom to angels is a bit like teaching poetry to fish. And then there was Raphael..."

       "You came. I appreciate the courage that takes." Raphael says.

      "Whose heaven is this?" Castiel asks.

       "Ken Lay's. I'm borrowing it."

        "I still question his admittance here." Says Cas.

        "He's devout. Trumps everything." Raphael says.

       "What do you want?"

        "Tomorrow—I've called for a full assembly of the Holy Host. You'll kneel before me and pledge allegiance to the flag, all right?" Says Raphael.

       "And what flag is that?" Castiel asks.

        "Me, Castiel. Allegiance to me."

        "Are you joking?" Asks Cas.