30

( APPOINTMENT IN SAMARRA )

GROCERY STORE
[ ☼ ]

       Dean looks at address on a piece of paper and at awning of store in front of him. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me." He says. "Hi, I'm, uh, looking for..."

      "Follow all the way back. All the way back." An Employee says. Dean goes to the back of the store and takes a series of steps up to an apartment.

      "Dean Winchester?"

      "You must be Dr. Robert?" Dean asks

      "Son, I stitched up your daddy more times than I can count, let me tell you. Oh, it's good to see you." Robert says. "Course, that was ages ago, back when, uh, I still had my medical license. Right this way."

      "Well, you know, I'm, uh, I'm no germ freak, but..." Dean starts.

      "Rent's cheap." Robert says. Dean and Dr. Robert enter the Doctor's "office" "Eva, my assistant."

      "Hi." Dean says.

      "Hop right up."

       "N-now, you—you have, uh, done this a lot?" Asks Dean.

       "Oh, many, many times."

       "And your...success rate?" Dean asks.

        "Oh, excellent—almost 75%." Says Robert. "So, should we get the, uh, preliminaries out of the way?"

       "Yeah. Uh, yeah, right." Dean hands Dr. Robert an envelope of money.

      "Ah. Oh."

       "Oh. Uh...So...listen, if, uh, something..." Dean starts.

       "Goes wrong?" Robert asks.

       "Yeah. Uh...Would you mail this for me, please?" Dean hands Dr. Robert a letter addressed to Ben.

       "Sure. Would've thought you had something for your brother, Sam."

      "If I don't make it back, nothing I say is gonna mean a damn thing to him." Dean says as Eva inserts an IV needle. "Ahh!"

      "Don't be a baby." She says.

      "You know, a little bedside manner would be nice." Dean says.

       "Are we ready? Hmm?" Dr. Robert asks. "You've got three minutes."

       "No pulse, no sinus rhythm." Eva says.

       "He's dead."

       Dean walks up and sees his dead body. "Good times." He walks back out to the convenience store. "This better work. Messorum evoco qui me tetigit."

       "Dean?" Tessa asks. "What the hell?"

       "What do you know? It worked." Dean says.

       "I was in the Sudan! What's with yanking me ov—wait, why are you dead?" She asks.

       "Tessa, I need a favor."

       "Oh, you're kidding. You died to ask me—" Tessa starts.

       "Tell your boss I need to talk to him." Says Dean.

       "No."

       "Please?" Dean pleads.

       "Where do you get the nerve?" Tessa asks.