50

( TOPSY TURVY )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

        Sam is on his laptop and Dean on the phone, he has the thread in his hand. "So, we found another piece of this, I don't know, shiny string." Dean asks.

      Ellen is on the phone, in Bobby's kitchen. She cuts up vegetables in front of the stove, then wipes her hands. "Oh, I was afraid of that." She says.

      "Why? What's up?" Dean asks.

       "Oh, these so-called accidents - we're seeing 'em nationwide. About 75 so far. I got Jo and her crew working on a cluster in California." Ellen sees Bobby opening a beer and takes it from him.

      "Hey. Hey. Hey." Bobby says.

      "Blood relatives?" Dean asks.

       "Some yeah, some no. She's got about what you do - pile of bodies and a whole bunch of gold thread." Ellen says as Bobby walks to the stove, smells the food, picks up a vegetable and eats it.

       "So what's it mean?" Asks Dean.

       "I don't know. I got Bobby working on it right now." Ellen says.

       "How's he doing, by the way?" Dean gets up.

       "Oh, don't worry. I'm kicking his ass back to health and happiness." Ellen says.

       "Who asked you to? To hell with you." Bobby walks out the kitchen.

       "I heard that." Dean says.

       "He'll be okay."

       "Are you okay?" Asks Dean.

       "Aw, honey, you're sweet. You know me. I just worry about you boys." Ellen says.

      Dean sits back down. "Yeah, well. All right, so, all these corpses, anything relate 'em?" He asks.

      "Well, actually, I did dig up one thing. I just don't know what to make of it." She puts the beer down and walks to the stove.

      "Hit me." Dean says.

       Ellen scoops a spoonful of food out the pot, smells it and adds some salt. "Well, it's a weird one, and it was buried pretty deep, but Bobby and me were combing through the family trees on all the victims, and we started seeing, well, the families all came over to America the Same year." She says.

       "Hmm."

       "Yeah. 1912. But here's the real weird part. They all came over on the Same boat." Ellen says.

      "Really?" Dean asks.

      "Yep." Ellen says.

       "All right, so what's so special about the boat?" Dean asks.

      "Nothing. It was a boat. It did what boats do."

       "What was it called?" Asks Dean.

       "The Titanic. Did you ever hear of it?" She takes a sip of beer.

       "No."

       "Yeah, me neither. I'll keep digging." Ellen says.

      "All right." Dean hangs up and Ellen pours some beer in the pot. "Does the name Titanic ring a bell?"

       "Titanic? No." Sam researches. He sighs and quotes a website. "The RMS Titanic was the largest passenger steamship in the world when it made its maiden voyage across the North Atlantic in 1912."