48

( GOODBYE OLD FRIEND )

       "Sam! Sam." Dean says.

       "Oh, thank God." Bobby notices Samual's dead body. "Drop the gun, Sam."

      Sam puts his gun down. "It's me." He says.

      "Okay. That's great, Sam. Just got to cuff you, uh, till we can be sure, okay?" Rufus asks. "You understand, right?"

      "It's in him." Sam gestures at Samuel.

       "Are you sure?" Bobby asks.

       "Yeah. Yeah, I think." Sam says.

       "You see anything come out of him...after he dropped?" Rufus asks. They take Samuel back into the room and swab his ears.

      "Tell me you got something." Elena says.

      "Nothing." Bobby says.

       "What? So—so you mean he wasn't a monster when I ganked him?" Sam asks.

      "One way to find out." Rufus says. "Bobby, you got a cranial saw in the car?"

       "Of course." Bobby says.

       "You're not going alone."

        "Oh, no, he won't. He won't. We will both go grab some tools and see about getting some power in this place." Rufus says. "And I want you and you to—okay, I want you and you to watch him and him and—all right, if anything crawls out of anybody, somebody step on it."

       "Yeah, don't worry. I'll watch Samuel. Dean will watch me." Sam says.

       "Yeah, right." Rufus and Bobby exit the room.

       "You did the right thing, you know." Dean says.

       "You mean you think I did, if it's in him and I'm me. This thing's playing three-card monte with us." Sam says.

       "Well, I'm just gonna assume you're you." Dean says.

       "You want to take this off, then?" Sam motions with his bound wrists.

       "Not till we get that sucker out of his walnut." Dean says.

       "I don't know. I mean, I barely remember him, and what I do remember—it's not good. And what he did to us...But..." Sam starts.

        "There's a "but"?" Elena asks.

        "I mean, I just can't help but think...What would mom say?" Sam asks.

       "You know what I think mom would say? She'd say just 'cause you're blood doesn't make you family. You got to earn that." Dean says. The lights come on and Rufus and Bobby enter.

        "Well...All right. Let's play operation." Rufus says.

       "You boys want to take a breather?" Bobby asks.

       "We're good." Dean says.

       "We're about to crack open your grandpa's grapefruit. Take a breather." Bobby says. Dean, Elena and Sam exit.

       Rufus looks at the frayed cable of the cranial saw. "What is this? Have you been dumpster-diving again?" He asks.

      "What? It still works." Bobby says.

      "Yeah, right. Hope so."

       "Listen, Rufus, I've been thinking." Says Bobby.

       "Yeah, well wonders never cease." Rufus plugs in the saw.