17

( FAMILY MATTERS )

ELENA'S APARTMENT
[ ☾]

Elena stands in a wedding dress in front of a computer. She's apparently video chatting with Caroline. "So what do you think? Is it too much?" Elena asks.

"It's beautiful!" Caroline exclaims. "Danny is going to love it."

"I sure hope so..."

"Hey, where is lover boy anyway?" Asks Caroline.

"He's out with the guys, doing god knows what." Elena says, smiling.

Caroline smiles back. "Well, I'm really happy for you. Especially after...you know what." She was referring to Sam. Elena frowns.

"About that...Sam's not dead." Elena says and Caroline's eyes go wide.

"What do you mean he's not dead?" Asks Caroline. "He fell in a hole! You told me yourself."

Elena looks nervous. "Dean came by a few weeks ago and told me that he's back, but not the same." She says.

"And you're still here because..."

"I can't just leave Danny alone!" Elena yells. "We're getting married in a couple of months. I don't have time for the Winchester boys."

"Do you have any idea how selfish you sound?" Caroline asks.

"Care..."

"No Elena!" Caroline yells. "You've been with these boys from the beginning, and now that they need your help, you wanna quit? This isn't you living your life. This is you escaping." There's a knock on the door.

"Danny is back." Elena says softly. She slowly walks to the door and opens it. She's met with familiar faces. "Dean? Castiel?"

Dean notices that she's wearing a beautiful wedding dress and scans her before getting to the task at hand. "It's Sam. Something's wrong." Dean says.

"Come in." Elena allows the brother and his angel companion to enter her apartment.

"Oh, hi Dean." Caroline says from the laptop.

"Caroline? Is that you?" Dean asks. "What's up?"

"You know, trying to fix Elena's problems...again." Caroline says.

Elena walks up to the computer. "Goodbye Caroline." She says as she shuts the computer. "So...what's this about Sam?"

"We don't know yet, but he's different." Dean says. "He watched as I was turned into a vampire."

"We need to hurry if we want to fix him." Castiel says.

"What do you mean 'fix' him?" Elena asks and Dean looks down at the floor. "You got him locked up, don't you?"

"It was the only way." Dean says.

Elena sighs. "Well, you're not gonna get anywhere without me." She says and Dean looks at her."

"You're coming?" Dean asks.

"It's Sam." Elena says. "He did the same for me." Dean nods as Elena pulls out her cellphone. "Hey Danny, I'm going to be gone for a few days. Family issues. But I promise when I get back, it'll just be the two of us." She says and Dean looks a little hurt. Elena hangs up the phone. "When we figure this whole thing out with Sam, I'm done. For good, you understand?"