26

( LEPRECHAUN )

Sam and Elena approach Mr. Brennan at the bar. "So, Mr. Brennan. Hello again." Elena says.

"Leave me alone." Brennan says.

"Did I ever mention how beautiful your work is?" Sam asks.

"What?"

"The watches. Just stunning." Sam says. "What I can't figure out is how one man can put out that much product. I mean, hell! If I didn't know better, I'd say you have a bunch of elves working for you. Except I do know better, and you have a bunch of elves working for you."

"You're insane." Brennan says.

"So, tell me. How does a father decide to trade his son for a bunch of watches?" Sam asks. "I mean, I assume you have a soul so what's your excuse?" 

"You don't understand. It wasn't like that."

"Then how was it?" Sam asks.

Meanwhile, Dean walks along the sidewalk, sees the Redcap from the diner standing across the street, staring at him again. He sneaks away.

Back at the bar with Sam, Elena and Mr. Brennan. "I supported my family for 30 years making those watches. It's the only thing I know how to do. Parkinson's. Was losing my hands. I was losing everything. My grandmother, she always used to say that they were real. She told me all of these stories when I was a kid about how to summon them, how to get favors from them." Brennan says.

"So you learned how to work a spell." Elena asks. 

"I mean, honestly, I doubted it would even work. I was just desperate. But she left me this book, so I did the ceremony in my back office two months ago, and this man appeared and said he was a leprechaun."

"A leprechaun." Sam repeats.

"I asked him just to cure my hands, but he said he would do even better. He would make me more successful than I had ever been." Brennan says. "He told me he'd bring a crew of workers, that I could save my business, save my name."

"In exchange for?" Sam asks.

"He just wanted a place for them to rest, to take of the fruit and fat of the land. I said yes. I wasn't thinking."

"And the fruit and the fat was?" Asks Elena.

"My firstborn. Not just mine. There's been others. They're not stopping. They're not going to stop." Brennan says.

"There's gotta be a way to reverse the spell." Sam says.

"There is. But the book is in a safe in my shop. They won't let me near it. It's been a nightmare."

"You can see the fairies?" Asks Sam.

"Yes."

Dean is walking down the sidewalk, trying to avoid the Redcap. He ducks into an alley and the Redcap follows. Dean turns a corner and flattens himself against a wall then launches out and tackles a little person. "Wha—?Help! Help!" He yells.

"Little fairy! What do you want, you fairy? Huh? Huh? Fairy!" Dean yells.

"Leave him alone!" A Little Girl yells.

"Oh God no. Haha! I'm just kidding!" Dean says. Sam, Elena and Mr. Brennan turn a corner and are walking down the Same street Dean is on. Sam is trying to call Dean on his phone.